5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM 1500 DT (Canadian) SPORT trim Crew Cab w/ 5.7L gas engine (OEM wheels 22x9)

UncleRAM

Reaction score
I've got a question for anyone of you out there, i had recently purchased some wheels (18x9 / Offset 0) with the right bolt pattern (139.7), etc .. and with an Offset 0.
Now i brought it to my RAM dealership and he said that unfortunately the front wheels are rubbing a bit on the calipers and the back one isn't.
So my question would be would which -Offset would be best so that it doesn't rub on the calipers.. ?
NOTE: I don't want a wheel that sticks out that much basically almost like an offset of 0 .. so would a -5, -10 or even a -12 be acceptable so that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb ??
thanks guys,
Marc

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, You might find better advice posting this in the wheels/tires section if you haven't already done so.

1) What kind of wheels are they? Brand/model?
2) Are you sure that that the wheel is rubbing on the caliper and it isn't the wheel weights by chance?

If it is the weights rubbing, that can likely be resolved with strategic placement, or you could opt for balance beads (I wouldn't recommend beads personally though). One can't just give you an offset to clear up the rubbing. All wheels are slightly different in shape and design so unfortunately it isn't a "one size fits all" kind of deal across all manufacturers. If you provide the wheel brand and model, we can look to see if anyone else has ran that size setup and made it work for them. There are several big galleries online that you can also search through such as custom offsets.

With 18's, I have read that some just won't fit due to the sizing in general. If that is the case, there might not be much else you can do.

UncleRAM

Reaction score
really appreciate response Biggiehorn .. I'm at the point of trying anything :) after I've been through with TDOT Performance and CanadaWheels .. I had some wheels delivered to my place from CanadaWheels (then to have them returned), brought them to the RAM dealership and they said the wheels at the front were rubbing a bit but the manufacturer said that they should fit with no problem, (the Offset of the wheel I had were 0) .. I'm just trying to get some wheels for the tires I purchased recently 285/r65/18 (GoodYear Duratrac) to replace my OEM 22x9 (285/r45/22)..
It's like very hard to get some answers ... if you know another Canadian company that would help me with this it would be most appreciated .. if not no worries .. i'll try my luck with your suggestion wheels\tires section ..
again thanks so much for your help.
UncleRAM

Users who are viewing this thread