5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn

djpotts

Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 etorque and have had issues since driving off the lot that I purchased on Wednesday 11/25. On Thursday 11/26, I realized that when I finally lifted the hood to show my neighbors the engine, that the heater hose had a slice in it to the core. Took it to the dealership on Friday 11/27, and had to give me a rental since there were no hoses available. Picked it back up on 11/30 and started seeing what I thought was oil on my driveway, when I called dealership, the technician stated that it was a cleaner that they used to clean the engine after replacing the hose and I didn't think much about it after that since the oil level was fine. Fast forward a week later, I was getting fluid film done to the truck for rust proofing since I was planning to keep this truck long term. I went to get the truck on 12/8 to find out that they couldn't complete the work because the engine was leaking from somewhere on passenger side of vehicle. I took the truck directly to the dealership that night and got another rental on 12/9 of which I have been in since then. As of today they are still not 100% sure what the issue is but have replaced all of the MDS on the passenger side and they don't feel confident that this will fix the issue since the oil only seems to leak under load and not idle. They believe that there maybe a defect in the block/microscopic crack in the block where oil is coming from but won't know till they put the truck back together. I went to the dealership yesterday to let them know, that under no circumstance do I want this truck and wanted my money back along with the accessories that I have purchased and done to the truck. The truck has 600 miles on it when I dropped it off of which I only put about 300 on it from the day I purchased it.

After stating that they would find me another truck I am still on the fence due to the service provided and the issue with this Dodge Ram. I now need to tell them if I want to pursue them to find another truck or if I want my money back which means I need to work directly with Chrysler at that point.

This is very disappointing as I really did enjoy the truck and torn what to do

Krootz

Reaction score
Get another one. Have had great luck with mine. As with anything else, some of them slip through QC.

Users who are viewing this thread