5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021+ OEM 3rd brake like question

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Hey all, I've tried searching the forum with no luck but am curious if anyone has successfully installed the 2021+ OEM 3rd break light on a 2020 1500. The part number is 68444540AB and it sounds like it's plug and play with the exception that it obviously wouldn't do anything for the digital rear view mirror. If you have replaced this, did you use the existing grommet or did you replace it with the updated grommet? I've not had any leaks (knock on wood) and am hesitant to mess with something that isn't broken solely for aesthetics but the LED brake looks so much better. Thanks in advance!

2020 owner here I run the oem led setup.. I still haven’t decided if I wanna bother with the digital cam and running a stand alone 21 or might even be a 22 bcm setup. It came with the foam tape gasket from previous experiences with both the all too common leak on 4th and 5th gen I did what I always done.. lowes.. and buy I believe its the small marine rubber gasket from lowes or home depot that really should be the standard never had a leak. The foam tape style gasket they use will eventually hold water and leak wont be immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Hey all, I've tried searching the forum with no luck but am curious if anyone has successfully installed the 2021+ OEM 3rd break light on a 2020 1500. The part number is 68444540AB and it sounds like it's plug and play with the exception that it obviously wouldn't do anything for the digital rear view mirror. If you have replaced this, did you use the existing grommet or did you replace it with the updated grommet? I've not had any leaks (knock on wood) and am hesitant to mess with something that isn't broken solely for aesthetics but the LED brake looks so much better. Thanks in advance!
I created a how to on the digital mirror after I installed it on my 2020 BH. And I used whatever gasket came with it and no issues whatsoever.

Went after market.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.PNG
    IMG_0259.PNG
    302.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0290.PNG
    IMG_0290.PNG
    311.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0292.PNG
    IMG_0292.PNG
    304.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0294.PNG
    IMG_0294.PNG
    371.4 KB · Views: 10
I created a how to on the digital mirror after I installed it on my 2020 BH. And I used whatever gasket came with it and no issues whatsoever.
I'll check that out. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back