5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Longhorn Seats

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I am looking at the 2021 Longhorn to order. Unfortunately, they are hard to come buy in my area for some reason. Using the Build tool on RAM website, it says the seats in the 2021 Longhorn are "leather trimmed". Does this mean they are fabric in the middle? I can't tell by the pictures. Thanks.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From the information I have all Longhorn and Limited models come with premium leather seats , however there is an anniversary edition that I’m not familiar with as of now so they might be different .

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the leather trimmed seats have their center seat sections perforated (the perforated pieces to allow air through for the ventilated seats option) are synthetic leather or vinyl, rather than real leather. I think that is why they use the "leather trimmed" terminology.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the leather trimmed seats have their center seat sections perforated (the perforated pieces to allow air through for the ventilated seats option) are synthetic leather or vinyl, rather than real leather. I think that is why they use the "leather trimmed" terminology.
That's incorrect, at least for the Limited and Longhorn models up until now. Mine does not say "leather trimmed", and there are some threads that go into detail on the leather quality on the top trims.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Leather trimmed means there are sections of the seat cover which are not leather. Seats that are described as premium leather seats are perceived to be all leather, but I have my doubts about that as well. I seriously doubt that either the Longhorn or the Limited has full leather seats. Our Limited has very nice seats, but it feels like at least the sides are not leather. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels different than the leather on the seating surfaces.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's incorrect, at least for the Limited and Longhorn models up until now. Mine does not say "leather trimmed", and there are some threads that go into detail on the leather quality on the top trims.

Mine is leather trimmed, and its a Limited.
1606887510068.png

The build tool for 2020 and 2021 for Longhorns/Limiteds state premium leather as the default option, and the two optional color choices are "leather trimmed."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread