5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 lonestar 2WD night edition with TRX stock rims/tires cant find lift kit compatible.

Deidgedunham

Reaction score
Hey yall, I have a 21 1500 lonestar night edition RWD, I put stock rims and tires from a 21 TRX on her to look more aggressive and off road looking, (I have no interest in off roading btw..) the 2.5 level lift worked great and I have enjoyed this until I had to buy new tires. I purchased exact same size as came stock but I changed brands. GOODYEAR WRANGLER LT325/65/R18 originally to TRAILCUTTER AT same size.
once I had the new tires put on theyre rubbing like a mofo. SO, I am new to trucks and also im a girl btw.. but I figured put a spacer on the wheels and give the wheel well some room.. that didn't work, so now I am like I need a lift. every 4x4 place suspension house in ATX area tells me that my truck can't be lifted due to the RWD lift kits not being compatible with 18" rims. i'm hard headed and I feel like this is kinda weird because the 1500 rebel and TRX both come with 18" rims. So my real question or topic of discussion that I need help with is this: Can a lift kit made for a 4X4 1500 be put on a 2WD 1500 minus the parts that attach to the 4X4? im looking at 6" rough country lift kit for a 2WD and it says not compatible with 18" rims.
is there a lift kit that will work on my 2WD 1500 with 18" rims ? will a 4X4 lift kit work on a 2WD truck?
TIA for anyone who can help me or try to.
IMG_9175.jpeg i got stuck here LOL

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 12.05.04 PM.png see fitment notes from rough country.

Users who are viewing this thread