5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Limited randomly blacked out

ExT

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the issue that the entire lights, odometer, and the whole screen blacked out for around 5 - 10 seconds, before getting back on by itself, while driving? This has happened to me 3 times in the last 2 months. Not sure if that’s some electrical issue. I’m not using any electrical related mod.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Has anyone experienced the issue that the entire lights, odometer, and the whole screen blacked out for around 5 - 10 seconds, before getting back on by itself, while driving? This has happened to me 3 times in the last 2 months. Not sure if that’s some electrical issue. I’m not using any electrical related mod.
Try adjusting the intensity using the dimmer switch lower left next to headlamps. If you're on auto and it suddenly decides to turn on the lights and you have it dialed way down, it'll go black. Or close enough that in daylight it will look black.

ExT

Reaction score
That makes sense. I’ll check it out. But it happened to me once when driving in night time as well. Thanks for the response BTW.

fdpded

Reaction score
I own a 2019 tradesman. The infotainment center would shut off and not respond frequently. they replaced it once but it kept doing it.
Have not had that issue for almost a year now. My current thinking is it was receiving updates.
just a dumb guy's opinion, but maybe???

Users who are viewing this thread