5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Bumper damage

d9hug

Reaction score
Caught the bumper going out the garage in a rush last night on the new rebel .... does anyone know if its power coated or painted? trying to work out most cost effective way to repair.
Found this part number 5ZB45GXHAA which is around $433 if I decide to replace (parts department could only say its black so I am assuming it would still need painting . coating)

Any ideas ? IMG_0354.jpeg

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s powder coated and scratches very easily. I learned the hard way. Very surprised how easy it scratched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you'll do it again. get some matte plastidip and just live with it and touchup as needed.

at $500 for that, look into a winch bumper for not much more. rebel is begging for it.

piper618

Reaction score
I had the same issue but I didn’t cause the damage. Following pick up truck on the highway and all of a sudden all theses stones started coming from the truck I was following. They were hitting the front of my Rebel like missiles , and I quickly pulled over to the right to get away from this idiot. Well the damage was done rock chips on the black bumper, hood, and fenders. I was pissed only 2,000 miles on my Rebel. I was just looking to have PPF installed.
Does anyone have suggestions to fill paint chips or have the hood fender sand and painted.

Last edited:

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Find a local place that will do powdercoating. You can get a whole bumper done for $100-250 usually including blasting and prep.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Caught the bumper going out the garage in a rush last night on the new rebel .... does anyone know if its power coated or painted? trying to work out most cost effective way to repair.
Found this part number 5ZB45GXHAA which is around $433 if I decide to replace (parts department could only say its black so I am assuming it would still need painting . coating)

Any ideas ? View attachment 91603
I had brackets that I bought to install light bar and they were shiny black. I found this paint after I talked with N-Fab who made my running boards and they recommended it for rock chips.
I attached a couple of pictures so you can see it against the Rebel bumper. It has been on for roughly 6 months and has held up well to the car washes and love bugs.. I have also taped off areas on the front of Nfab steps and painted and it matched great. The gloss picture was the original paint that came on the brackets. Did a lite sanding to get the gloss over and cleaned with alcohol before painting brackets.
IMG_0104.jpg IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0101.jpg IMG_8467.jpg

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would just touch it up with the product above or even just try Aerospace 303 on it and see if that helps hide the scratches enough to live with.

If not, next step is to remove that piece and have it refinished, vastly cheaper than buying a replacement piece.

Users who are viewing this thread