5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 ram bighorn wiper issue's

Pipedawg177

Reaction score
Bought today and wipers wont turn off..anyone have any suggestions? And yes we have tried everything..in off position they constantly run!

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
was it raining when you left the dealers lot? Go back and have them diagnose the wiper no park issue.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck, wipers not parking is normally wiper motor fail. Worst case, the service dept will not have one to swap for a few days. Keep your cool, stink happens.

I had a wiper motor quit on me during a torrential down pour AND, rush hour traffic, took a week to get it fixed. It’s bit different than wipers constantly on, wiper arms are very easy to pop of if needed.

Pipedawg177

Reaction score
Good luck, wipers not parking is normally wiper motor fail. Worst case, the service dept will not have one to swap for a few days. Keep your cool, stink happens.
Well they will have to give me the other identical vehicle on the lot or things will get ugly

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Being ugly will not work in your favor, sir. Your issue will be fixed soon enough. Yea a little inconvenient right now and your feeling gypped, just realize the failed part is mass produced, just happened to be installed in your vehicle.

by all means be the customer/owner needing to find a new dealership due to your having to show your a$$.

Pipedawg177

Reaction score
If they do the right thing then it will be fine. But I won't settle for a vehicle already having issues the day I drive off the lot. There's also a warning light on the dash w a P! So yeah 2 issues day 1. Not okay with that.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sir, all I am saying is give them a chance, then open a can of displeasure. No body wants to deal with anything amiss on a band new vehicle. No body!

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also you are going to a dealership on a Saturday with most times a skeleton crew on staff.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Also you are going to a dealership on a Saturday with most times a skeleton crew on staff.
Well Saturdays is usually the busiest day in any dealership service dept, so if anything, they will have full staff.
On the flip side , they will be busier than on a weekday, so I’d say it’s a coin toss. ;)

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well Saturdays is usually the busiest day in any dealership service dept, so if anything, they will have full staff.
On the flip side , they will be busier than on a weekday, so I’d say it’s a coin toss. ;)
Coin toss indeed. The dealership I use is an express oil change on saturdays. There are a few techs working on vehicles with prior appointments.

Users who are viewing this thread