5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Toyota Tundra Spied For The Very First Time

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Toyota Tundra Spied For The Very First Time

1548609889697.png

Here’s our first look at Toyota’s major refresh coming for its Tundra pickup truck. This prototype was caught out and about in Ann Arbor, Michigan, rolling down the street with a new Ford F-150 that followed the Tundra into Toyota’s facility. It shouldn’t be any surprise that Toyota is benchmarking the segment-leading truck, and given the strange camouflage hanging beneath this Tundra, we suspect there’s more going on here than a facelift and tummy tuck.

1548609915664.png

For the complete article, click the link below...
https://www.motor1.com/photo/3758272/2020-toyota-tundra-spy-photo/

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After the sad state of affairs using BMW everything except a body for the Supra there is no soul left in this company. Boring is there credence now.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Even the TRD Pro tundras are pretty bland, the only real noticable thing is the sticker on the bed.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Yes still very boring.. I have a 2017 Tacoma Limited until my Limited Ram comes in. I would of expected more since they did a great job with redesign of the Tacoma.

JLUR_

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a powertrain test mule. The lack of body camo means that they're using the old cab. Covering the fender flares on the other hand might mean a change to track width or something else that they want to keep a secret for now. The tassles off the rear end to hide the diff/axles lend a little credence to this.

I hope that they're refreshing the cab, too. I had a '17 TRD PRO and while it was a great truck the interior was just so far behind the times visually and technologically.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a powertrain test mule. The lack of body camo means that they're using the old cab. Covering the fender flares on the other hand might mean a change to track width or something else that they want to keep a secret for now. The tassles off the rear end to hide the diff/axles lend a little credence to this.

I hope that they're refreshing the cab, too. I had a '17 TRD PRO and while it was a great truck the interior was just so far behind the times visually and technologically.
I also thought the same thing, and I hope you're right.... for toyotas sake. Maybe the reason they have those brush looking things hanging low is to hide their new rear coil suspension, can't really think of anything else that would be so "revolutionary" that they would need to hide it.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like they're going back to six lug wheels as well. Definitely a different truck, I'd bet it's an early powertrain mule and they just hobbled the old cab onto the new platform for time saving measures

RenoRam

Reaction score
Looks about the same to current styling. They need to to take a big swing in exterior and interior styling to come close to the Ram. Personally, I would like to see them do something fresh to spark even more competition that will force each manufacturer to continue leaping forward.

Users who are viewing this thread