5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 rebel payload

Rocsolid

Reaction score
Hi guys

Want to find out what is the payload of a 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel with 3.92, Rambox, MFT, Level2, 33 gal tank, leather.

Please advise if you have something like this.

Thanks

Dan

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 without the MFT and Ramboxes and mine is 1478lbs so yours is going to less than that.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys

Want to find out what is the payload of a 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel with 3.92, Rambox, MFT, Level2, 33 gal tank, leather.

Thanks

Dan

There's a payload sticker in your door jamb (and a very good 'Post your Payload' thread) - definitely get familiar with that; it's specific to your truck's configuration and will only match anyone else if they have the exact configuration

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's a payload sticker in your door jamb (and a very good 'Post your Payload' thread) - definitely get familiar with that; it's specific to your truck's configuration and will only match anyone else if they have the exact configuration

I think he is asking as he doesn't have the truck yet so he can't check the sticker so I gave him mine even though it's a 2019.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
I forgot to say. I am looking at buying one and it will be diesel also.

On the FCA chart it states its 1800lbs base weight crew cab 4x4 Tradesman.

So if i take Rambox and MFT weights off, it should be around the 1520lbs, then a few more pounds for the extras then prob 1400lbs ?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have almost every option except MFT and ram boxes and my payload is 1324, add those two on and I’d suspect you’ll be around the 1000-1100lb area.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I forgot to say. I am looking at buying one and it will be diesel also.

On the FCA chart it states its 1800lbs base weight crew cab 4x4 Tradesman.

So if i take Rambox and MFT weights off, it should be around the 1520lbs, then a few more pounds for the extras then prob 1400lbs ?
Subtract another 73lbs for the 33 gal fuel tank. Maybe another 70 pounds for level 2 package. Then the weight of the Rebel trim package itself, the weight of that I don’t know, but subtract at least (but definitely more) the weight of the Off-road package which is about 120 for other trims. Oh and the locker rear, another 16.

Last edited:

Rocsolid

Reaction score
I have almost every option except MFT and ram boxes and my payload is 1324, add those two on and I’d suspect you’ll be around the 1000-1100lb area.
Do you have the Rambox with yours also??? I am happy if thats the case. I will delete the MFT then.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
I am so shocked by the payloads, its crazy.

My Grand Cherokee has better payload then some of the DT 1500 out there.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the Rambox with yours also??? I am happy if thats the case. I will delete the MFT then.

I do not, I need every inch of bed space I can get for winter fishing trips with the atv in the back so I decided against them.

The most I ever tow is 7000lbs which would be around 700lbs tongue weight leaving me ~625lbs for passengers and gear.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
I do not, I need every inch of bed space I can get for winter fishing trips with the atv in the back so I decided against them.

The most I ever tow is 7000lbs which would be around 700lbs tongue weight leaving me ~625lbs for passengers and gear.
So a full tank of gas is part of the payload all ready? I will be towing a 7700 tailer with about 770 ball weight coming off the payload. I am worried i will not have that much payload for the family and fridge with possibility carrying extra water in the back also.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Rebel,
5.7 Hemi, no etorque
No air suspension
33gal gas tank
Level 2 equipment group
3.92 gears with the locker
I do have ramboxes, as well as the factory tonneau cover
I do have the bedliner, rear wheelhouse liners
8.4in screen, not the 12 (rebel12 wasn't out yet at the time of ordering!)

1308 on the doorsticker, if I remember right

I'm probably covering some already covered bases, but saying it in my words:
So we have the GVWR (weight limit) of the truck - every option generally adds weight. The heavier the truck, the lower the payload
Hence those "Stripped down contractor trucks", without nav, leather, big wheels/tires (that counts), tend to have the higher payloads.
On a rebel we have the heavier tires, skidplates, the 48-12 (I think that's the number?) 4x4 system that's really robust, the different bumpers.
It's basically wearing a ton of armor!

The raptor runs into the same issues. The engines, transmissions, and frames can handle a whole lot - but the shocks, (factor in: offroad shocks tend to be more cushy to articulate vs stout to avoid sway), brakes are rated to stop X - amount, etc, those are the limiters.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks

Dan

Check this window sticker out. It has Safety & Convenience Group, Comfort & Convenience Group, Bed Utility Group, 12" Screen, Level 2, non e-Torque HEMI, Dual-Pane Sunroof, Side Graphics, MFT, Hood Decal, 33-gallon fuel tank, Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection, RamBox, Trailer Brake Control and Spray-in bedliner. Payload is 1100.27lbs.

You can search various ram trucks and put their VIN in the following site to get the exact payload for that build. Go to the link below and click "Look Up My Vehicle" and then put in the VIN. That's what I did with above VIN to see the 1100lbs.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
Check this window sticker out. It has Safety & Convenience Group, Comfort & Convenience Group, Bed Utility Group, 12" Screen, Level 2, non e-Torque HEMI, Dual-Pane Sunroof, Side Graphics, MFT, Hood Decal, 33-gallon fuel tank, Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection, RamBox, Trailer Brake Control and Spray-in bedliner. Payload is 1100.27lbs.

You can search various ram trucks and put their VIN in the following site to get the exact payload for that build. Go to the link below and click "Look Up My Vehicle" and then put in the VIN. That's what I did with above VIN to see the 1100lbs.

Thanks. I will check it out. I have been on RAMS web page and put on vin numbers to check payloads. I would be happy if I get 1150 to 1200 payload. I will get GVWR upgrade for an extra 515 lbs. You are prob thinking how I can do that. Well I am in Australia and I am exporting the Rebel to me. We can upgrade the suspension here to be within factory specs. So i will have around the 1600 to 1700 lbs payload then.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
So a full tank of gas is part of the payload all ready? I will be towing a 7700 tailer with about 770 ball weight coming off the payload. I am worried i will not have that much payload for the family and fridge with possibility carrying extra water in the back also.

Payload assumes all fluids including fuel are full. It doesn't account for driver or passengers, however and then of course tongue weight.

Last edited:

Rocsolid

Reaction score
Payload assumes all fluids include fuel are full. It doesn't account for driver or passengers, however and then of course tongue weight.
Thanks. I did read that on RAMS web page. Payload is for passengers and cargo, plus if towing - ball weight.

Users who are viewing this thread