5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram rebel dead

doberman123

Reaction score
went to start truck, and interior lights started flashing when i pressed start button and now truck is dead. no lights, no start, nothing! my son is stuck in ottawa with a dead truck. bought in march 2020. Please any help would be appreciated

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try a new battery. People have been complaining about the battery being junk from the factory.

doberman123

Reaction score
ram insurance came out, and dead battery, all is closed, so they gave it a charge and told him to take it straight to chrysler fort erie when he gets home to swap it out!!!! feckin mopar!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it Etorque? They seem to eat battery's much faster then no etorque trucks.

Kujo

Reaction score
Is it Etorque? They seem to eat battery's much faster then no etorque trucks.
I just got a Rebel with the 5.7L V8 Etorque, is there like a aftermarket battery thats better, or just keep an eye out for the stock one and replace it more often

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably mine died under warranty so I let the dealer replace it but next time I will shop around for a higher quality unit.

Klicht87

Reaction score
E-torque has it's own battery. Not sure how it is connected to the regular battery.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I should have said, how do they work together. smartass. Everyone blames e-torque for all their electrical issues when really, most of the issues are probably just ****ty batteries.
Lol, I knew what you meant. It’s my understanding that the eTorque battery tops off the main battery constantly. You have no alternator, so this acts as the alternator.

Higson27

Reaction score
went to start truck, and interior lights started flashing when i pressed start button and now truck is dead. no lights, no start, nothing! my son is stuck in ottawa with a dead truck. bought in march 2020. Please any help would be appreciated
My 2020 did the same thing, apparently the battery went. The dealer wouldn’t cover mine under warranty. I was slightly over the km’s 😡

CanRebel

Reaction score
You are likely going have keep replacing the battery, no matter if buy 'good' one or not.
As said above you need drive it more often and/or get battery tender

Users who are viewing this thread