5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Improvements.

justinw89

Reaction score
I’m thinking about trading in my 2019 Laramie for a 2020 limited. The dealers have really good deals because of everything going on in the country. Does anyone have any experience going from a 2019 to a 2020. I’m curious if they fixed some issues. One being the Harmon Kardon speakers as I know they aren’t as good as they should be in the 2019. The other issue would be the AC dose not get cool enough when it’s really hot out so wondering if they fixed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Not sure if it was fixed, but the AC was hit or miss on the 19s...mine has no issue, but there are a lot here with the issue.

I wonder if there is a decent option for upgrading a lease...without a lot of cash...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This has been discussed several times, and as far as I can tell no one here knows the answer to that question. It's all been assumption and speculation. My 2020 Laramie has been great so far (almost 5 months of ownership). But regarding the issues you mentioned, I haven't had my truck during hot weather months, and I have the Alpine 9 speaker system (which sounds great btw). I'd stick with your 2019 unless you're having a lot of problems with it. Financially it doesn't make sense to buy a new truck every year. But it's your money. Just my 2 cents worth of unsolicited advice.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leaks are still the same from the ones I've seen. That was THE biggest complaint I had over everything else.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
We've had some warm weather down here in Louisiana recently (90 degrees yesterday) and the AC in my 2020 Laramie cranks out the cold. If I leave it in Auto I find myself having to turn the temperature up just to keep it comfortable. Also we've had tons of rain this spring and not a leak of any kind (knock on wood). Overall the truck has been fantastic, no issues what so ever other than a so-so paint job (rough spots here and there and cloudy clear coat on the gas filler door, which the dealer will fix).

Rototerrier

Reaction score
It's usually all good until you leave the truck out in the blistering 99 degree heat and the temps inside are blazing and everything is heat soaked. You'll swelter while it struggles to cool down, if ever. I've had to resort to the hack once temps get hot here in GA. I've pretty much stopped complaining about it and just accept it for what it is.

Plenty of folks say they have no issues, and I can believe it. If I leave my truck parked in the garage and run out for some errands and then come home, it's no problem at all. It was cool when I left the house, didn't leave it out in the sun to heat soak long enough at any stops, and returned home nice and comfy.

I also think the Pano Roof isn't doing any of us any favors.

I believe it really all just depends on driving habits and there could be some variances between trucks as well....but I kinda think it's habits. Most folks that measure their vent temps seem to be getting consistent results in the upper 50's to low 60's and the folks that tend to say they have no issues never bother to measure the temps. I suspect if they did measure the temps, they'd not post them as to not have to eat crow. They tend to get very defensive when asked about their temps. Always seems like strange behavior to me, but to each their own.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Bought my truck at the end of October, so I'm very interested in finding out how my AC works when it gets hot here. That doesn't usually happen until July, so I still have a few months to wait. I park in the garage at home, but it's exposed to direct sunlight when I'm at work for 10 hours a day. That should be a good test. My previous truck did fine with cooling off quickly, so I have something to compare to. Window tint also makes a big difference. My windshield is the only window not tinted, so I always use a shade in the summer.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regarding interior temps, the best thing you can do is get some IR blocking window tint. It’s been 90+ here in Florida and my interior is below ambient when I get in it.

Daniel

Reaction score
Not sure if it was fixed, but the AC was hit or miss on the 19s...mine has no issue, but there are a lot here with the issue.

I wonder if there is a decent option for upgrading a lease...without a lot of cash...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No issue with my 2019 ac

Users who are viewing this thread