5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram clunk front drive shaft?

fjcanepa07

Reaction score
Hey guys, so for awhile now Iv had this really weird clunk noise. Been in and out of dealership 3-4 times. I went to a new dealer ship today and went on a road test with the technician. Whenever I step on gas pedal then release then back on pedal between 10-20mph I get a clunk. Technician and I went under the truck and found the front drive shaft like the video below. Any ideas if it should have this amount of play and make that clunk noise?…

JayBee2019

Reaction score
Kind of hard to see play with the camera moving every time you try to make something move.

Cody907

Reaction score
My 2022 2500 has the exact same problem. Did you find out what the issue is? I have not taken it to a dealership yet.

Truck has 12k miles and has had a carli leveling kit with 35” tires on it since new. Kind of scared the dealership is gonna tell me it’s not covered under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread