5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 gas filling SLOW

Ram Ram

Reaction score
Went on a road trip and on the way home the truck was a total pain the butt to refill with fuel. It seems as though the air vent for the tank is clogged…. When I got home removed the filter on the gas vent side and cleaned it (packed with dust). Still have the same issue when refilling. Anybody have the same issue and found a solution?

I did contact dealer but can’t get it in until July as they are overbooked.

Thanks

Went on a road trip and on the way home the truck was a total pain the butt to refill with fuel. It seems as though the air vent for the tank is clogged…. When I got home removed the filter on the gas vent side and cleaned it (packed with dust). Still have the same issue when refilling. Anybody have the same issue and found a solution?

I did contact dealer but can’t get it in until July as they are overbooked.

Thanks
Recently had my vapor canister and filters replaced on my 2020. Fortunately, my local dealers don't have near that backlog. Only had to wait a week and a half. Have you told other dealers?

And FWIW, not sure what model year your truck is, but the fuel tank and vapor canister not part of extended emissions warranty, so if you are outside of the 3/36 bumper to bumper, might be better to just buy the parts yourself and do the work.

This is a fairly common problem discussed on many Ram forums.

The most common source seems to be a bad fuel tank vent. Unfortunately, the solution is the replace the fuel tank as the vent is molded into the tank and not separately replicable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back