5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 DT Manifold

Reaction score
I know this topic has been beaten into the dirt but....

Has anyone found a good replacement for our garbage manifolds yet? I just got my 2020 ram on Sunday and the 3month/3000mile junk warranty I got from the dealer doesn't cover the manifold crack I got 2 days later (47k miles). I have looked around and can only seem to find manifolds for the Classic Ram and not ours. If yall know of any good replacements just comment the link for me! Thank you.

Besides this manifold crap, loving the truck lol

Reaction score
Would these work? It asked if it was new body style or not so assuming they would work for the DT?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BBK, JBA and even AFE people have reported cracking, but BBK seems to be the worst.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most reliable? Long tubes, but majority, if not all need a custom tune. If going shorties, stick with JBA or AFE.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do i need to run a tuner with Shorties or are they close enough to the stock design and not needed?
Shorties, you're fine. I've been on the fence about Shorties as well, since I just had my manifold replaced and don't want to keep doing that in the future.

raygun9

Reaction score
I had JBAs on my gen4... they sound great but have pinhole leaks in the welds on them and caused issues with MDS. Wasn't a major issue since I was shutting it off but something to be aware of.

Skip to 7:15 for the leak test:

Reaction score
I had JBAs on my gen4... they sound great but have pinhole leaks in the welds on them and caused issues with MDS. Wasn't a major issue since I was shutting it off but something to be aware of.

So probably stick with AFE then... Dammit. $400 more dollars than JBA lol
What are you using to shut the MDS off?

EDIT: Just saw that the EDGE Pulsar can shut it off.. assuming you are going that route.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So probably stick with AFE then... Dammit. $400 more dollars than JBA lol
What are you using to shut the MDS off?

EDIT: Just saw that the EDGE Pulsar can shut it off.. assuming you are going that route.
I'm running the Edge Pulsar and works great, especially if you can find used, even better!!

chewmeista

Reaction score

Has anyone found a good replacement for our garbage manifolds yet? I just got my 2020 ram on Sunday and the 3month/3000mile junk warranty I got from the dealer doesn't cover the manifold crack I got 2 days later (47k miles). I have looked around and can only seem to find manifolds for the Classic Ram and not ours. If yall know of any good replacements just comment the link for me! Thank you.

The manifolds should be covered under the powertrain warranty.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

How exactly would an exhaust leak effect MDS?

raygun9

Reaction score
How exactly would an exhaust leak effect MDS?
Thats a great question, but thats what Jay Greene said when I was working with him on the headers and tune.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

As was already stated , the manifolds should be covered under the power train warranty .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a great question, but thats what Jay Greene said when I was working with him on the headers and tune.

The only way I could think of is if it causes a CEL.

raygun9

Reaction score
The only way I could think of is if it causes a CEL.
I can go back through my emails and check later today. This would happen at highway speeds around 55-60 where MDS would typically kick on. With the JBAs it would come on for a second and shut right off, there was a slight jerk when it would happen. I didnt spend to much time on it since I was turning it off anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread