5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn audio upgrade

Noblewisdom

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am in the process of installing a budget upgrade to my 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I'm going with all Skar speakers. TX69 for the front doors, RPX69 for the rear doors and TX35 for the dash. I went with different door speakers because the front speakers pushes most of the treble to the dash speakers, so I didn't want to go overboard with the treble. I also have the Skar 12" subwoofer enclosure for the rear with a 500 watt Skar monoblock class D amp. Before I start my install I wanted to get some advice on if this should come out OK. Thanks. IMG_2530.jpeg IMG_6142.jpeg

MassGasMan

Reaction score
I think you'll have a nice build, so I'll be interested in your follow-up after completed. As for your choices, I haven't had or heard anything from Skar except for their subs. I did a full 6 speaker replacement with infinity reference speakers, and the sound quality improved a lot. Are you planning to amplify the mids and highs? I didn't yet, but think I will eventually.

For a sub, I run a single 8" Black Diamond and mono amp under a seat but I've been looking at getting a single Skar 12" downfiring, like it sounds like you went with, and upgrade my amp. Does your box clear the ram bins? Fit nice?

Can't wait to see yours all done.

Users who are viewing this thread