5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram 1500 4x4 I want larger tires but do not want to change wheels or suspension What all-terrain size do you recommend? Thanks

Mac2020

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 4x4 I want larger tires but do not want to change wheels or suspension What all-terrain size do you recommend? Thanks

Ready Go

Reaction score
These Calculators will help you! Just plug in your data and compare.

#1 link is a Tire Size Calculator for comparing your stock tire size to any size you're looking to change to.

#2 link is a Gear Ratio Calculator for comparing your stock tire size to any size you're looking to change to..and what the "effective" gear ratio would be compared to your "actual" gear ratio in your Ram.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
275/70 r18 fit no problem. I've read that 295/70 r18 will rub in reverse at full lock, but most likely just the fender liner. My tires measure at 33.2" x 11" There is a little over a 5/8" gap between the tire and the upper control arm suggesting a 12" wide tire could fit

Humer91

Reaction score
Broke down and ordered some new tires and getting them installed Friday morning. 2022 Limited with air suspension on stock 20s (275/55r20) switching to BFG KO3s in 275/65r20s. They'll be a tad larger overall (31.9 to 34.1) but changing the tire size for speedo reading is fairly easy to do using my TazerDT. Will post pics afterwards.

Humer91

Reaction score
So, 2022 Limited Air Ride on 20s. Old tire was the stock 275/55r20, new tires are BFG KO3 in 275/65r20. On normal setting, full turn, I have 2 fingers of clearance before I would encounter any rub. Haven’t tries in Aero or Entry/Exit but dont‘t really care, Aero will never be at full turn, and Entry/exit is only ever used in parking garages.
IMG_0586.jpeg

Indaram

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forums and am looking for the same info. I have a 2023 1500 Laramie Sport 4x2. I don't want to change anything suspension wise, so no level kit or lift. Been reading many posts and have seen several mention 275/60/20 - 275/65/20 fitting without rubbing. Do they sit far enough away from everything to keep it safe? Don't want to hit a large pothole and have a blowout as this is my light duty towing / grocery getter ride.. That being said any recommendations on tires? Only off-roading I really do is driving down dirt and gravel roads occasionally. I was looking at the falken wildpeak at4w or Toyo open country A/T III and want to keep road noise down as much as i can but with the aggressive tire look.

Oh and I just had my Mopar performance exhaust delivered yesterday with the 5" tips so looking forward to installing that this weekend :)

These Rams shine up well!
1000000416.jpg

Last edited:

1923bob

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forums and am looking for the same info. I have a 2023 1500 Laramie Sport 4x2. I don't want to change anything suspension wise, so no level kit or lift. Been reading many posts and have seen several mention 275/60/20 - 275/65/20 fitting without rubbing. Do they sit far enough away from everything to keep it safe? Don't want to hit a large pothole and have a blowout as this is my light duty towing / grocery getter ride.. That being said any recommendations on tires? Only off-roading I really do is driving down dirt and gravel roads occasionally. I was looking at the falken wildpeak at4w or Toyo open country A/T III and want to keep road noise down as much as i can but with the aggressive tire look.

Oh and I just had my Mopar performance exhaust delivered yesterday with the 5" tips so looking forward to installing that this weekend :)

View attachment 180877
I love my Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 's

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 180877
Factory tires are 275 width. So going to a taller tire with the same width is generally safe, as long as you don't go too tall. You aren't going to hit anything on the suspension. And if anything may run the fender liner which can easily be fixed.

1923bob

Reaction score

View attachment 180877
Nice !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread