5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Limited 5.7 operating temperature

JJF TEX

Reaction score
Noticed temperature goes up to 226 degrees before the cooling fan goes to a higher speed and cools it back down to 212 on the gauge summary screen. This is with an ambient temp of 45 and in stop and go traffic. I feel this is too hot, but the cold hot gauge doesn't even go to the midway point. Am I worried for nothing. Engine has 1250 miles on it.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed temperature goes up to 226 degrees before the cooling fan goes to a higher speed and cools it back down to 212 on the gauge summary screen. This is with an ambient temp of 45 and in stop and go traffic. I feel this is too hot, but the cold hot gauge doesn't even go to the midway point. Am I worried for nothing. Engine has 1250 miles on it.

I’ve been keeping my eye on my temps lately as you’re not the first one to mention this. My truck seems to never get hotter than 210*. Pretty much always around 203-206*.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Some previous discussions:

FirstMopar

Reaction score
I had the same thing today, usually it bounces down after 204-206 but today it climbed to 226 before the fan brought it down. Mid 60s out. Analog gauge same as yours. Hopefully these engines can handle being a bit hotter.

Users who are viewing this thread