5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Laramie engine wont turn over

Reaction score
Hello everybody, im new to this and im in need of some help, i didn't know where to look anymore thought may be somebody experience my problem and can help me. My issue is that my truck be having this STARTING issue, so its been getting worse and worse. The engine wont turn over i have lights and everything in the dash turns on normal but engine just wont turn over. Its been in the dealer several times now and its currently at dealer and they can figure out what it is. The thing is that it doesn't do it all the times its at random days or times so when its at the dealer it never acts up for them to pin point the problem. Its getting very frustrating love the truck but its starting to get really really on my nerves. Ill try to upload a video when i figure out how so it all makes more sense.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sounds like a loose ground wire, maybe related to the starter or bad starter solenoid, assuming the battery has been check(having power for some accessorie dosent mean its good enough to start)

Last edited:

Whitey

Reaction score
Hello everybody, im new to this and im in need of some help, i didn't know where to look anymore thought may be somebody experience my problem and can help me. My issue is that my truck be having this STARTING issue, so its been getting worse and worse. The engine wont turn over i have lights and everything in the dash turns on normal but engine just wont turn over. Its been in the dealer several times now and its currently at dealer and they can figure out what it is. The thing is that it doesn't do it all the times its at random days or times so when its at the dealer it never acts up for them to pin point the problem. Its getting very frustrating love the truck but its starting to get really really on my nerves. Ill try to upload a video when i figure out how so it all makes more sense.
I know this doesn't help your problem but, if the technicians at this dealership are unable to diagnose why your truck won't start then it's time for them to start training them in vehicle diagnosis not just parts changers. If they don't have a multi-channel recording oscilloscope and know how to use it then they will never be able to properly diagnose and repair your issue without just replacing every part in the starting system network.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this doesn't help your problem but, if the technicians at this dealership are unable to diagnose why your truck won't start then it's time for them to start training them in vehicle diagnosis not just parts changers. If they don't have a multi-channel recording oscilloscope and know how to use it then they will never be able to properly diagnose and repair your issue without just replacing every part in the starting system network.
if the dealer cant duplicate the problem, well it gets harder to diagnose.

MoparDownUnder

Reaction score
Just check your mats are not anywhere near/on the accelerator pedal! The slightest pressure will stop it from turning over!

Reaction score
Just check your mats are not anywhere near/on the accelerator pedal! The slightest pressure will stop it from turning over!
Mats are clear. One thing i did forgot to mention is that last time it did this issue wife had remote started no problem but timer ran off went to turn it on and wouldnt start.

Reaction score
Just called the dealer talk to service adviser i deal with, still nothing haven't been able to get it to act up reset everything and checked all nuts, bolts and wires. Got a quote for $400&change to install new starter. Will pick up tomorrow if it continues to act up will be taking it to a different dealer for a second opinion and go from their 🤷🏻‍♂️

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
another thing to check is the floor under and behind the rear seat if wet, also the sealing in the back, if you have water going in, you could have electronic going bad

Reaction score
2-23-23. All dry behind seat check that before as well after i read somebody had the leak issue. Just pick it up from dealer they did a software update check all nuts and bolts from starter alternator and battery aswell as other electrical components. Well see what happens I’ll post any update on anything that happens from today on.

Reaction score
3–1-23 10:57 A.M. Drop off the truck at dealer starter acting up again. Plug in my BrueDriver finally got a u1514-87 code seems to be something with the Engine Control Module (ECM/PCM) waiting to hear back from dealer.

Reaction score
Update 3-3-23 Pick up the truck from dealer code was due to the engine ECM/PCM not receiving the signal of the engine starting. Finally Finally it acted up on them the morning after i drop the truck off, the starter had a dead spot. Truck still under warranty so they replace it. Keeping my fingers cross so i have no more issues. Thanks everyone for tips and ideas to determine what could of been

Users who are viewing this thread