5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Dodge Ram Warlock

qjschum

Reaction score
Hey All,
I am currently leasing the vehicle above but I want to know the easiest way into the firewall. Im a volunteer first responder and i want to connect a portable scanner that will be sitting in the truck on a promount. Also I need ideas on where I can put an external antenna. I know there are several no drill options. Easiest way to run it to the fire wall if it were mounted on the bed?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t help you with your specific question, but maybe knowing these little tidbits may help you get closer to your answer:

Not a Dodge
Not a 5th gen

I wouldn’t be surprised if the firewall answer is the same or close between 4th and 5th gens but I’ve never needed to feed anything through (yet)

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a stake hole mount for antennas. I haven't used it for a while but they do work good. I used to always just run the antenna cable under the cab and up through an access hole wherever I saw one. Usually there are snap-in plugs along the firewall and even the bottom of the floor pan. Just poke around under there and see what you find.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just a question for you on your scanner installation. Why do you need to run it through the firewall? Since you're leasing this truck, you definitely don't want to make any new holes. Unless your plan is to buy it at the end of your lease.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Just a question for you on your scanner installation. Why do you need to run it through the firewall? Since you're leasing this truck, you definitely don't want to make any new holes. Unless your plan is to buy it at the end of your lease.
He is probably asking what existing holes do people use.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
He is probably asking what existing holes do people use.
Hahaha...thanks for the translation. I know what he is asking. I'm asking why he needs to route anything through the firewall. I've never installed a scanner, so I don't know the power requirements. I'm just asking for clarification as to why he wants access through the firewall. Sometimes people think they need to do something like power an accessory directly from the battery, when they could tap from a power source inside the cab instead.

Users who are viewing this thread