5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 BTS Stock rims. Looking to offset. Any help appreciated.

JallenVuk

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Built to Serve edition. I am looking for a more aggressive stance, and wondering if I can do so while still keeping stock rims. Love the Gator color with Gun metal rims. Currently, I do have Wrangler Duratrac's (275/60R20).
I am looking for any tips/guidance on whether or not I can offset these stock rims? or should I consider spacers. what is the best option?

I would just like them offset enough to be flush, maybe slightly more than flush.
I am totally fine with Minor trimming. Already at full lock I hear some rubbing with these tires, and I am already planning to trim.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Built to Serve edition. I am looking for a more aggressive stance, and wondering if I can do so while still keeping stock rims. Love the Gator color with Gun metal rims. Currently, I do have Wrangler Duratrac's (275/60R20).
I am looking for any tips/guidance on whether or not I can offset these stock rims? or should I consider spacers. what is the best option?

I would just like them offset enough to be flush, maybe slightly more than flush.
I am totally fine with Minor trimming. Already at full lock I hear some rubbing with these tires, and I am already planning to trim.
3/4" front, 1" rear spacers. Will put the tire sidewalls flush with the fender flares. Get Bora brand.

This is 275/65/20 with front level and the wheelspacers I mentioned.

Attachments

• PXL_20221023_201028259.jpg
    PXL_20221023_201028259.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 22

JallenVuk

Reaction score
I appreciate the response. Solid looking truck!

Originally, I had 2" Ready Lift level kit. Was sold to wife from dealership as a gift. It got installed, clunking and ride was terrible. Eventually, I got them taken out. Through my research, I think the dealership neglected to pay attention to the already 1.5" lift (as per Built to Serve). I think the extra height threw off angles and created stress on parts. Clunking and jerking not a normal feeling.

I may revisit this again. I would go with 1" I think. Or avoid spacers all together because the ride was not at all enjoyable. I do see a lot of 5100 Bilsteins. Some say the ride is better than stock.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the response. Solid looking truck!

Originally, I had 2" Ready Lift level kit. Was sold to wife from dealership as a gift. It got installed, clunking and ride was terrible. Eventually, I got them taken out. Through my research, I think the dealership neglected to pay attention to the already 1.5" lift (as per Built to Serve). I think the extra height threw off angles and created stress on parts. Clunking and jerking not a normal feeling.

I may revisit this again. I would go with 1" I think. Or avoid spacers all together because the ride was not at all enjoyable. I do see a lot of 5100 Bilsteins. Some say the ride is better than stock.
Mine is the Bilstien 5109 level

rick619

Reaction score
3/4" front, 1" rear spacers. Will put the tire sidewalls flush with the fender flares. Get Bora brand.

This is 275/65/20 with front level and the wheelspacers I mentioned.

They need to bring back the Destroyer Gray. I would've looked for it if they still had it.

To the OP: Just sell your wheels to me, I like those. Almost bought a blue BTS. The wheels and tires were one of the main things I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread