5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 bighorn have adaptive steering module?

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
title asks it. Is there an adaptive steering module? I think my 12 alignments might be due to the calibration of the adaptive steering box, IF there is one on these trucks.

BMW had an issue with this ~10yrs ago when they rolled out electronic adaptive steering. Driver would turn the wheel but the front wheels wouldn't turn/wouldn't be sync'd up. If this same type of equipment is on bighorns, then this could be why my steering wheel drifts off center and makes the alignment appear out after 1-2 days and causing me to endlessly chase alignments....or perhaps the front ends of these trucks are weak as sh*t

2020 Big horn
81xx miles
11 alignments in Michigan dealers
1 alignment in Texas dealer

armymp1130

Reaction score
title asks it. Is there an adaptive steering module? I think my 12 alignments might be due to the calibration of the adaptive steering box, IF there is one on these trucks.

BMW had an issue with this ~10yrs ago when they rolled out electronic adaptive steering. Driver would turn the wheel but the front wheels wouldn't turn/wouldn't be sync'd up. If this same type of equipment is on bighorns, then this could be why my steering wheel drifts off center and makes the alignment appear out after 1-2 days and causing me to endlessly chase alignments....or perhaps the front ends of these trucks are weak as sh*t

2020 Big horn
81xx miles
11 alignments in Michigan dealers
1 alignment in Texas dealer
did you ever find anything to fix this mine has the same issue? its so frustrating my 94 ram 2500 i had felt safer to drive than my steering in this 54k truck

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
did you ever find anything to fix this mine has the same issue? its so frustrating my 94 ram 2500 i had felt safer to drive than my steering in this 54k truck
I was "fortunate" enough to have totaled the vehicle, funny enough. it is no longer an issue for me though (LOL). There is definitely something up with their design or assembly process. I'm sure my vehicle wasn't the only one.

Ram2134

Reaction score
Morning all.

I’ve read through this thread and forum a bunch of times and I’m still walking away scratching my head. I would love to be able to add semi-auto parking but I’m confused over what parts I actually do need. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport. It has the correct DASM, it has rear/front Parksense from factory, I also have 12” screen w/ LKA and parallel park button, and I have alphaOBD.

Question I have is do I need any other parts, like different sensors and modules like what is indicated in this thread, or do I just need to make changes in aplhaOBD?

Users who are viewing this thread