5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 bighorn crew 5.7 4x4 lease

_StangPGH

Reaction score
RAM did not lease well when I checked when buying. Really bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kevinssaco

Reaction score
I admittedly got hosed in my lease. As I found this out recently when I was considering trading early due to a few featured I wish I had but my Bighorn Level 1 didn't come with. Granted due to the dealer low balling my trade and coming in slightly upside down, I still took a bath due to some fast talk by my sales guy. Watch out for the five year lease and massive buyout amount!! I got 15k mi a year alloted due to my commute and vacations and settled on $650/mo which is what I was paying on my old truck loan. The kicker is this isn't a loan and they pushed it out to 5 years from where we were 1st discussing leasing. The term of the lease changed as we negotiated as well as the buyout, which I had no real clue about until now. I always thought the buyout only mattered if I was buying the truck at the end of the lease. It does matter as well as the number of payments going from 36 to 60. I wasn't paying enough attention to the deal as we were finishing up all the paperwork and they got me. I feel like a complete schmuck and the other dealer I went to recently and explained this to me commiserated and said this is why the industry gets such a bad reputation. I agree! I'm stuck now for at least another 4 years and will never go back to the dealership I leased it from. Most likely I will buy used from now on and get the truck with the features I want and have the bulk of the depreciation gone! Will probably check out Carmax when the time comes. I certainly can't afford to buy a $56k truck and I've been burned in a lease and have been left with a really bad taste for them.

Users who are viewing this thread