5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020, 22 inch wheels, air suspension, is it even worth it?

rocky_dog

Reaction score
Hey all -

I picked up a 2020 1500 Limited with 25k miles a few days ago. By far the nicest truck I've ever been in. It's interior is honestly same quality as a Mercedes SUV. The ride is wonderful, smooth, and it's by far my favorite truck I've ever owned or been in (multiple F150s, and a F250.)

I have the air suspension, and stock 22 inch wheels, and the stock 285/45/R22 tires. I've been reading on here for a couple of hours about increasing tire size to like a 285/55/R22, and the minor rubbing that comes with it. But it seems like most people say the ride quality drops when the tire size changes. I have no real use for the tires other than aesthetics.

Is the ride quality that drastically changed with tire size increase?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has more to do with the load rating on the new tires once you start going up in size you wanna start paying attention to the ply rating, the higher that is the harder the tire tends to be resulting in a rougher ride. Find a happy medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread