5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Tow Mirrors - Open/Broken Piece?

bludoberman

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but does anyone else have this open slot on the front-facing section of their driver's side tow mirror? This open section is not on the passenger side. What is it's purpose? Did a cover fall off to expose this slot? I put electrical tape over it to cover the gap and possibly stop the whistling I'm getting when driving at 40mph+. Thanks.

Attachments

• Tow Mirror_1.jpg
    Tow Mirror_1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Tow Mirror_2.jpg
    Tow Mirror_2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Tow Mirror_3.jpg
    Tow Mirror_3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 33

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but does anyone else have this open slot on the front-facing section of their driver's side tow mirror? This open section is not on the passenger side. What is it's purpose? Did a cover fall off to expose this slot? I put electrical tape over it to cover the gap and possibly stop the whistling I'm getting when driving at 40mph+. Thanks.
Looks like it could be the outside temperature sensor, my mirror has the same thing.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
This is the Outside temperature sensor
Take the tape off

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I searched all over for info on that slot! Should have started here and saved some time. Hahaha!
Hahaha that was a funny one!
Did you find what makes the noise?
Btw, don't use electric tape because it leaves some goo and it's hard to take off... use blue painter's tape

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bludoberman

Reaction score
Hahaha that was a funny one!
Did you find what makes the noise?
Btw, don't use electric tape because it leaves some goo and it's hard to take off... use blue painter's tape

I put the tape on about an hour ago to see if that resolved the whistling I'm getting while driving.

bludoberman

Reaction score
Any luck?

Nope. Tape didn't help the tea kettle whistling I'm getting. It's so annoying. Truck is going into the dealership this week for it (plus, my upper glove box light doesn't shut off and my driver seat is splitting at one of the seams).

Users who are viewing this thread