5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel - Replaced sway bar bushings 4 times in 3 years

cdnredrebel

Reaction score
I purchased my 2019 Rebel 3 years ago with 28K miles/45K KMS and within a few months a clunking noise was heard when going over bumps. During an oil change i grabbed on to the sway bar and gave it a shake and determined the sway bar bushings were making the noise. I replaced them and all was well for a few months until the same thing happened again...replaced them a second time only for the same issue to happen again a few months later, this time I also replaced the sway bar bushing brackets as they were a little rusty on the inside and I figured the rust must be rubbing against the bushings and wearing them out. So this time I replaced both the bushings and brackets and now (6 or so months later) I've got the same problem.

I can't see what I could possibly be doing wrong here when replacing the bushings to make them wear out so quick and for the issue to come back every few months. Anybody else experience this?

I am at 88k miles, original bushings. Could it be the sway-bar links?
They seemed ok when I first checked them, but that's about 40K miles ago lol. I'm around 100K miles now so I will check them when I do my next oil change, thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back