5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Air Suspension

timbit31

Reaction score
Hello all, I have noticed my front drivers side suspension dips to entry mode after 24-48 hours. I have done the soap test and found the LF line at the compressor with a small air leak. Has anyone taken the lines off as I tightened the fitting at the bottom but the top fitting where the line goes in has no real notches for a regular wrench. Does the top fitting come off and then you can remove the line? I tightened with pliers but it still leaked. I loosed it a little and the leak stopped. You cannot buy the fitting as you have to buy a $1,500 compressor. Any information is greatly appreciated. IMG_7627.jpeg

Hello all, I have noticed my front drivers side suspension dips to entry mode after 24-48 hours. I have done the soap test and found the LF line at the compressor with a small air leak. Has anyone taken the lines off as I tightened the fitting at the bottom but the top fitting where the line goes in has no real notches for a regular wrench. Does the top fitting come off and then you can remove the line? I tightened with pliers but it still leaked. I loosed it a little and the leak stopped. You cannot buy the fitting as you have to buy a $1,500 compressor. Any information is greatly appreciated. View attachment 189820
What about this? Might be worth a shot. The kicker is that you should not remove the line from the fitting and reuse it. They want you to replace the whole line, why? is beyond me, well maybe not, the line is most likely getting deformed from being crimped by the original fitting and will not seal properly.
"CAUTION:
When removing an air line from a component and the air line is to be reused, do not remove the 90° fitting or the brass fitting from the air line. If either is removed, the air line must be replaced. New components have air line fittings attached; however if the original air line is used the original fitting must also be used. Do not remove protective caps or plugs from air lines or components until ready to install the air line to prevent moisture or dirt intrusion. All air line fittings must be hand started to avoid cross threading. "
2019 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD REBEL Crew Cab Fitting. Compressor - 68454987AA | Libertyville ILy

Last edited:
You’re a genius, that looks like it. Thank you!! Now to determine how the line goes in.

What about this? Might be worth a shot. The kicker is that you should not remove the line from the fitting and reuse it. They want you to replace the whole line, why? is beyond me, well maybe not, the line is most likely getting deformed from being crimped by the original fitting and will not seal properly.
"CAUTION:
When removing an air line from a component and the air line is to be reused, do not remove the 90° fitting or the brass fitting from the air line. If either is removed, the air line must be replaced. New components have air line fittings attached; however if the original air line is used the original fitting must also be used. Do not remove protective caps or plugs from air lines or components until ready to install the air line to prevent moisture or dirt intrusion. All air line fittings must be hand started to avoid cross threading. "
2019 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD REBEL Crew Cab Fitting. Compressor - 68454987AA | Libertyville ILy
Appreciate the follow up! Hard to find any YouTube videos on the pump. I hate to take it to the stealer as it will be crazy expensive to change a $20 fitting and potentially recharge the system. When I checked the truck this morning the front left is squatting so my fix didn't work. Wondering if the colder nights in Toronto are having an effect. I think I will order the part and see what it looks like where you insert the hose.

Thanks again!!

Appreciate the follow up! Hard to find any YouTube videos on the pump. I hate to take it to the stealer as it will be crazy expensive to change a $20 fitting and potentially recharge the system. When I checked the truck this morning the front left is squatting so my fix didn't work. Wondering if the colder nights in Toronto are having an effect. I think I will order the part and see what it looks like where you insert the hose.

Thanks again!!
Around 2:25 he shows the fitting and it`s components. Should be same at the bag and the compressor ends?

This is great. Thanks again. I got the leak to stop but the front end still drips overnight. My thoughts are both front bags have holes or something going on with the pump manifold that is letting air out of the two front lines. Dealer says they will charge 2 hours for a complete diagnosis. Seams reasonable to me. I wish I could pinch the two front lines and see if it is on the ground in the morning. That would eliminate air bag leaks.

Thanks again!!

"CAUTION:
Interesting. I just picked up a new compressor yesterday and it comes with all the fittings, but at this point I'd rather reuse the originals than replace the lines.

Interesting. I just picked up a new compressor yesterday and it comes with all the fittings, but at this point I'd rather reuse the originals than replace the lines.
Can you share some pics or some details of how the install went. I cannot figure out how to pull the lines off the compressor.

I might not get around to the install until tomorrow or Sunday but I'll take some pics along the way.

I might not get around to the install until tomorrow or Sunday but I'll take some pics along the way.
Much appreciated. Mine is currently at the dealer trying to figure out what is wrong and why it keeps dropping in the front.

Can you share some pics or some details of how the install went. I cannot figure out how to pull the lines off the compressor.
Well, I took a couple pics of pulling the lines off the compressor but they didn't save for whatever reason. But the fittings just loosen with a 13mm open ended wrench. I will snap more pics as I continue with the install. I had put UV dye in my system to try and find the leak and probably looked at the compressor 20 times, and somehow missed the dye on the high pressure line. Nice to know the source of my leak. It'll be nice to have a new compressor in there too even if the old one is perfectly functional...
IMG_6281.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back