5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Rebel Owner Review@3000 miles

Suprj1

Reaction score
I wanted to share my experiences so far with my rebel. Rebel specs are 2019 crew cab w/5.7 hemi w/E torq, 4 corner air suspension. Overall I love the truck. I have had similar issues as others have had. MPG sucks. Average 13 city. Ac not getting very cold. Clunk noise when starting. Under cab noise when going over small bumps and weird down shifting at times. I have had to take truck to the dealer once as the abs module went out causing stability control, Serv 4wd lights to come on. This happened while using 4wd up at a ski resort. In regards to the clanking noise when starting. I've learned to not hold down brake when starting. Releasing the brake as soon as you push start button keeps the drive shaft from clanking. In regards to hard downshifting between 2-1 gears I've noticed that eco mode is the culprit. When eco is disabled the truck shifts perfectly. The AC not being super cold is another issue I will be getting looked at by the dealer. The clank noise under cab has went away. Haven't noticed it in awhile. I love and hate the air suspension. I mostly don't like it do to the increased difficulty and costs to lift the truck. It was also a stiff ride until recently as it seems to have broken in and it's very smooth and comfortable ride. Interior and cab of the truck is definitely my fav. I got the 8.4 inch screen. I like having nobs for ac control. I love the moon roof and the seats are very comfortable. Tons of room in the back for the kids. Road trips are fun with the family. Overall I like the truck as of now.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
So far, at 700 miles, I'm loving my 2020 Rebel. Only thing I've noticed is the gas mileage, and the clunk on the front drivers side sometimes when in a turn with a bump in the road. Have yet to crawl under there and check if things are tight.

Thanks for the workarounds on the other issues if they show themselves (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online