5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Rebel (no air susp) - Bilstein Level and Rear?

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I'm sort of lost on this. The last time I looked into this the truck had 30k in miles. Well, now it has 54k. I know I may be looking at new struts soon. Truck is riding a little rougher. Mostly road use but it does see some mild (very mild) off-road action. Tires are wearing very evenly, rotated with each oil change, and no alignment issues. They are stock size but I went with KO2's

- I'm definitely set on doing UCA's as the Rebels are pre-lifted and don't trust the stock. RC might be an option but I'd have to see.
- I'd like to level the front so the Bilstein 5100's are the obvious option.
- Looking to leave a slight rake but get the front up a tad to level with the rear.

My questions are:

Is it necessary to do the rears?
Should I be looking at springs as well?

Anyone have sort of a "shopping list" they would reccomend?

I appreciate it. I've read on this over and over again but still am confused.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion, the non-fully assembled strut like the 5100's time in the sun is coming to an end, now that there are a number of options for a fully assembled coilover around the $1k mark. This is because while the DIY struts like 5100s are significantly cheaper in parts, labor prices like everything else have skyrocketed. So you are paying $400 for 5100s and $400-$600 for an install.

Couple hundred more bucks and you got yourself a brand new, higher performance spring, and its much easier to DIY install a pre-assembled coilover.

That said, if you are confident around a spring compressor and happy to DIY, then its hard to beat the 5100s in the intersection of value & performance.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
In my opinion, the non-fully assembled strut like the 5100's time in the sun is coming to an end, now that there are a number of options for a fully assembled coilover around the $1k mark. This is because while the DIY struts like 5100s are significantly cheaper in parts, labor prices like everything else have skyrocketed. So you are paying $400 for 5100s and $400-$600 for an install.

Couple hundred more bucks and you got yourself a brand new, higher performance spring, and its much easier to DIY install a pre-assembled coilover.

That said, if you are confident around a spring compressor and happy to DIY, then its hard to beat the 5100s in the intersection of value & performance.

I should note I am very handy, have all the tools, and a garage with a lift. Yes, I know. I'm very lucky.

397STROKER

Reaction score
It is not necessary to change the rear springs if you are just looking to level the front end. Just pick the right setting on the 5100 to get you where you want to be. You may want to replace the rear shocks but if they are still working well, no need.

Cygnus A

Reaction score

What are the coilovers people are suggesting?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the Eibach Pro-Truck coil overs on another type of truck and very happy.
Ride is a bit more comfortable than the 5100s I had before, but the 5100s definitely held the road much better in corners.
Highway speeds in a straight line can't tell much difference.
$900 for all 4 corners on an F150, and I think similar prices for Ram.
I suspect Eibach is trying to gain market share with super aggressive pricing.
Fox 2.0s and Icon S1s are not too far off price wise, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/