5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Limited Two days later

Dan krasinski

Reaction score
Picked up Ram limited, bed utility group (BUG), off road package, tow package.
Back at dealer two days later with steering control module failure. Condensation in headlights and cab brake light.
BUG missing divider, without the divider it is not a group it is just rails. The lighting is already included. Fighting this since MOPAR has a divider for the rails, no Ram box needed.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Geez, this is the fastest warranty trip from date of purchase I have seen yet.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up Ram limited, bed utility group (BUG), off road package, tow package.
Back at dealer two days later with steering control module failure. Condensation in headlights and cab brake light.
BUG missing divider, without the divider it is not a group it is just rails. The lighting is already included. Fighting this since MOPAR has a divider for the rails, no Ram box needed.
I contacted my dealer's GM and plead my case about RAM's deceptive advertising with regard to the divider. The GM bought one for me. Great dealership. Sales and service outstanding.

fat trout

Reaction score
I looked on the build your Ram. They definitely have something glichy there. If you click on details for the BUG (BEFORE you add it) it shows the divider. Once you add it, if you click on details, its gone and only shows the rails and lights.

brewdad

Reaction score
The only way the divider is included is if ram box and bed utility group are both selected; the picture shown of b.u.g. in the build site clearly shows photo of ram box with divider---if b.u.g. is selected, then divider goes away, but if ram box is also selected then divider is shown in final picture on build site.

787BigHorn

Reaction score
Well I contacted my dealership today and they said there’s two options to the bed utility group so no divider but we’ll see I’m going to show face on Monday to figure it out

Dan krasinski

Reaction score
Here is where things stand.
BUG - they finally changed the build site, I and still working with Ram cares to resolve the issue. They have offered me some oil changes for my troubles, but haven't given me an answer on the divider. They just sent me an email that they are still reviewing what they can do for me.

No more error messages once the steering control module was replaced.
Headlights are normal since they are vented, but I am keeping an eye on them.
Cab brake light just came in this past Saturday, but need to schedule service. They had the truck 5 days were supposed to replace brake light when I showed it to them before buying vehicle. I bought the MOPAR protection, (undercoating, paint, and interior protection, etc. ) When I picked up the vehicle they said this was all complete. Upon inspection it became evident that they did not touch the interior so it has to go back for a half day to have the interior done. Glad I caught this. They promised a loaner, but it is out two weeks. I smelled the undercoating burning off, but who knows if they actually did the paint. Trusting a service dept is critical. I think I need to switch dealers

This dealer is of no help, although the dealer manager asked me to call him after he read my review on google. I am planning on calling him this week.

Users who are viewing this thread