5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Limited Headlight conversion

2019blackout

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 big horn and I heard I can upgrade to the limited and longhorn headlights as long as I have the wire harness and the grille from the longhorn. Anybody can confirm or deny this?

Beardslow

Reaction score
So on this topic, I was wondering if you could take the limited headlights, and a TRX grill and under headlight trim piece and fit them together to put on a rebel? Any thoughts or ideas? I think the limited and TRX are the same headlight shape and the grill/trim pieces from the TRX I think are close to that of a rebel.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
You're better off getting a Limited/Longhorn grille, since there are subtle differences between the TRX and Limited/Longhorn grilles, including the center hood dimple, the flat bottom edge (against the bumper), and the fact that TRX fenders are wider than Limited/Longhorns. The headlight units are basically the same, however.

Here's the TRX:
1704682025986.png

And here's my Longhorn (with the chrome slat grille... there's another insert with the same pattern as the bumper trim piece):
cu-8.jpg

Here's my Limited/Longhorn next to my pal's Big Horn. Pretty much everything in the grille area would need to be swapped, except the 'eyebrow' for him to have these headlights. He says they look too squinty for his liking... but even though I have a painted bumper, I still prefer the pattern in the bumper's trim piece... which is what the Limited/Laramies have.

IMG_20231003_123007527_HDR.jpg

Here's that other grille insert I was talking about:

2020_ram_1500_crew-cab-pickup_limited_fq_oem_5_815.jpg

Hope that helps, seeing it all next to one another.

Eaglehemi345

Reaction score
You're better off getting a Limited/Longhorn grille, since there are subtle differences between the TRX and Limited/Longhorn grilles, including the center hood dimple, the flat bottom edge (against the bumper), and the fact that TRX fenders are wider than Limited/Longhorns. The headlight units are basically the same, however.

Here's the TRX:
View attachment 174194

And here's my Longhorn (with the chrome slat grille... there's another insert with the same pattern as the bumper trim piece):
View attachment 174190

Here's my Limited/Longhorn next to my pal's Big Horn. Pretty much everything in the grille area would need to be swapped, except the 'eyebrow' for him to have these headlights. He says they look too squinty for his liking... but even though I have a painted bumper, I still prefer the pattern in the bumper's trim piece... which is what the Limited/Laramies have.

View attachment 174192

Here's that other grille insert I was talking about:

View attachment 174193

Hope that helps, seeing it all next to one another.
Do you know the part number for the trim piece under the lights? Looks like its a two piece design that runs along the bottom of the grille

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

GoatedRam

Reaction score
Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead but will limited lights plug and play with a bighorn with level 2 LED package? I understand the grill and surrounding pieces are different but do the lights work without an extra harness? Thank you!!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead but will limited lights plug and play with a bighorn with level 2 LED package? I understand the grill and surrounding pieces are different but do the lights work without an extra harness? Thank you!!
No, you need the harness. And you need programming if you ever the adaptive lights to work too. Not necessary, but nice to have.

iMrRask

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 big horn and I heard I can upgrade to the limited and longhorn headlights as long as I have the wire harness and the grille from the longhorn. Anybody can confirm or deny this?
As long as you have the LED package you won't need a harness for the lights. Plug and play.
Grille- limited/longhorn
Lights- make sure to have the bottom facia pieces on both sides
Bumper end panels- holes will need to be filled and painted if you don't have the wheel flares already

Attachments

• 20240408_201954.jpg
    20240408_201954.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/