5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Limited engine sputtering

teambear0155

Reaction score
Hello all,
2019 Ram Limited, 16k, hemi, 3.21 rear end, 2nd owner. I'm getting a soft sputtering noise from the engine/exhaust whenever I'm at a a maintaining rpm of 1100-1500. So basically, always. When I slightly accelerate, the rpms lunge higher about 200, the engine noise subsides, only to return at cruising rpm. The noise coincides with a louder exhaust when compared to a friend that has the same vehicle. Anyone have the same noise?

Hello all,
2019 Ram Limited, 16k, hemi, 3.21 rear end, 2nd owner. I'm getting a soft sputtering noise from the engine/exhaust whenever I'm at a a maintaining rpm of 1100-1500. So basically, always. When I slightly accelerate, the rpms lunge higher about 200, the engine noise subsides, only to return at cruising rpm. The noise coincides with a louder exhaust when compared to a friend that has the same vehicle. Anyone have the same noise?
its the mds kicking in nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back