5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram lemon and lack of help from FCA

Scottishtornado

Reaction score
bought a 2019 1500 Laramire longhorn in June 29th 2018. Within my 1st 7k miles my power boards started deploying out while driving and stayed out for 10-15 seconds then would retract back in. At the same time my tilting power mirrors would tilt but would not return to their normal position. Apple car play would not work and stopped working then after 2-3 weeks would suddenly start working again for a little bit. I took it into the dealer at my 1st oil change and told them my problems. They could not replicate the problem with the power boards coming out and told me that there was an update due for release 3rd quarter 2019 on 3/13/19. I thought 1st year truck bound to have some teething problems which will be fixed. I took the truck back after Apple CarPlay stopped working again which I was told my apple phone is no longer compatible with the 12 inch screen (but it works in my 8.4 inch charger I bought the same day as my truck). Took the truck into the dealership for its 2nd oil change and brought up the problems again and they tried to fix the problems. Still they could not replicate the problems. It contacted FCA to lodge a complaint and got a case manager. After talking with him I suggested to him if we can have something plugged in to see if any error codes are throw while i was driving. He arranged for the truck to go into the dealership but he was told by the technician there they did not have anything that could monitor the truck to see if there were codes being thrown. They had it for 6 days and could not replicate the problems I had told them about (running boards, Blue screen on my back up camera periodically even though I sent a pic to my service advisor, tilting mirror not returning back to normal position after reversing even though their was supposed to be an update 3rd quarter 2019). less than 4 days after I picked up my truck from its 6 day vacation at the dealership the steps have deployed twice whilst driving, yesterday and an hour ago.
I Just got off the phone 2 hours ago with the FCA rep to discuss the next step to fix these problems. since the dealership can't replicate the problems the best he can do is to offer an extended warranty or a discount off the price I paid for the truck. I told him he can keep the money I just want the the truck to operate as advertised as that was what I bought. All he could say was that he was sorry and offered the same token keep the customer quiet offer.
I asked him for his supervisors name and number to take it up the chain and he told me he can give out that information. Talk about lack of customer service with FCA so now I am left with having a lawyer take up this case to get it resolved.

Buyer beware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back