5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram carrier bearing issues

Epfireman

Reaction score
Is anyone else having driveshaft /carrier bearing issues on their trucks. I’m getting my 3rd driveshaft... at 33,42,52k . Dealership is telling me this is a major issue and they was 6 driveshafts on the wall from rams.... now dealership is telling me the fix is too lube a joint in the driveshaft every oil change .... all my oil changes have been done at the same dealership as the computer calls for a change... I was also told today FCA/Ram redesigned something in the driveline to fix this problem in the new trucks... so far that fix isn’t avalible for other 5th gems ...
Anything be have any advice for me? Should I get an attorney????... I filed a complaint to FCA customer service and immediately got escalated to a higher level and currently waiting for a call back....
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated
Eric

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not the carrier bearing. It’s the slip joint in the rear of the driveshaft. It’s a common issue on a lot of trucks with this same slip joint. It’s not just Rams.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Agree, my '20 has the slip joint problem since about 5K on it till now with 15K, just don't have time to take it in. My '21 so far with 10K on it doesn't show any slip joint symptoms. Both my trucks are the longer beds if it matters.
And I also had this problem with a couple GM's.

Users who are viewing this thread