5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Left me stranded three times

tfourk

Reaction score
Hello all I'm new here and thought I'd share my experiences currently as disappointing as they've been.

So I'm having a heck of a time with my 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4. I bought it preowned with 48k miles. It was perfect for a bit. We decided to drive to Canada and the fuel pump failed on us. 53k miles in. Then at 60k miles recently I was at a traffic light and the truck wouldn't disengage the parking brake, or shift out of gear, and every imaginable error light came on. Ok, so I took it to a dealer. The dealer waved the diagnostic fee and stated they couldn't find a problem or replicate the problem after driving 10 miles. They suggested I take it to another dealer for a second opinion. Note they cleared all the errors and we drove on our way saying that a reset was needed by disconnecting the battery. Well ok.

So we start driving and sure enough, the power steering went out and we had to get it towed. When we went to power it on to move it to the tow bed the power steering was working again. I sure as heck didn't trust it. So it's sitting at the dealer now with 60,818 miles... At such a low mileage to have so many freaking problem is unbelievable. In comparison my 2017 RAM 1500 Big Horn 4x2 with 150k miles has no such problems. I see tons of people having issues on here as well, so at the very least I know that I'm not alone. Thanks to all that took the time to read this.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Sorry to hear about your issues . With all the electrical components in these trucks it can be very hard to determine just what’s wrong . I was watching a video today about an F-150 in the shop with everything being dead on it . Turned out to be a tail light . Water had gotten inside the housing and corroded the electrical connections for the Blind spot monitoring . Apparently that module talks to the rest of the truck and caused a lot of problems . The repair was $5600

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You are always going to read about lots of issues with vehicles on internet forums. That's primarily why most people join. To ask about issues.

It sucks you are having issues. Wondering if previous owner didn't dump it after it started having issues for them.

Speaking of other brands, I'm doing work on a remodel at a few local dealers. One of them is a Ford dealer. Two weeks ago I saw one of the salesman driving a brand new Shelby F150 through the lot when it just shut off and shifted into park while he was still moving. You heard the PAWL in transmission clicking before it finally stopped. He then went and grabbed a jump box to try and get it started again. It would start, but immediately shut back off. last week it was still sitting in service area waiting to be fixed.

tfourk

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Sorry to hear about your issues . With all the electrical components in these trucks it can be very hard to determine just what’s wrong . I was watching a video today about an F-150 in the shop with everything being dead on it . Turned out to be a tail light . Water had gotten inside the housing and corroded the electrical connections for the Blind spot monitoring . Apparently that module talks to the rest of the truck and caused a lot of problems . The repair was $5600
Thanks for the warm welcome. We must be watching the same thing. I watched that a couple of days ago. I have an understanding of CAN Bus networks, so I get that electrical components can go bad. Wish I would have found this forum earlier instead of later. Better late than never as they said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online