5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Heated seat swap 5th gen

MotoTrucker

Reaction score
Hey so I have a 5thGen trademan base model no power heated seats and the small screen, I’ve recently put a 8”screen and wanted to upgrade my seats aswell. I’ve picked up cloth seats off a 2020 same cloth as mine the power portion works great just needed to get the heated seats up and running. I’m not sure if the stock tradesman wiring allows for the heated portions of the seat to work so I was thinking about splicing it and running power or a switch to bypass it but can’t seem to figure out the diagrams as I don’t see anything online?

2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman QuadCab

FM45

Reaction score
Not sure it's as simple as cutting and splicing... that black box attached to the under side of the pass seat is the heated seat/wheel module... it is tied into the BCM thru the can-system. I can post what each plug does if that helps ya...

-=FM45=-

MotoTrucker

Reaction score
Yes that would be very helpful, I have a tester plug attached so I can copy it onto the car and not mess up cars wiring haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 51

21RamCrew

Reaction score
Mototrucker, have you figured out the wiring ? I'm trying to install heated and cooled seats in my 2021 ram bighorn crew cab and noticed my body harness does not have all the required wires, I would like to add them and get this working. Would you be willing to share your findings to give me a foundation to start this process ?

Thank you,
Paul

jsimon26

Reaction score
Mototrucker, have you figured out the wiring ? I'm trying to install heated and cooled seats in my 2021 ram bighorn crew cab and noticed my body harness does not have all the required wires, I would like to add them and get this working. Would you be willing to share your findings to give me a foundation to start this process ?

Thank you,
Paul
Did yours come with just heated or neither? I’m looking to swap in some heated and ventilated in mine, but mine are heated already. I was wondering if all the wires are there

brental1

Reaction score
Not sure it's as simple as cutting and splicing... that black box attached to the under side of the pass seat is the heated seat/wheel module... it is tied into the BCM thru the can-system. I can post what each plug does if that helps ya...

-=FM45=-
I'm trying to add heated seats and wheel to my 2022 Big Horn with Level 1 Equipment Group. I saw another post, from you I think, listing part numbers. I understand the seat heater pads. You listed 2 seat harnesses for each seat. Do these connect the module (black box) to the seat pad and the back pad? And, do I need to build a harness to go from the seat side of the yellow connector to the module? Any wiring diagrams or pinouts you have would be very helpful. So far, I've not found wiring information like I used to get for my 3G from Dodge Body Builder. Thanks, Brent

Luniac21

Reaction score
I'm trying to add heated seats and wheel to my 2022 Big Horn with Level 1 Equipment Group. I saw another post, from you I think, listing part numbers. I understand the seat heater pads. You listed 2 seat harnesses for each seat. Do these connect the module (black box) to the seat pad and the back pad? And, do I need to build a harness to go from the seat side of the yellow connector to the module? Any wiring diagrams or pinouts you have would be very helpful. So far, I've not found wiring information like I used to get for my 3G from Dodge Body Builder. Thanks, Brent
Please share all the info for adding heated/cooled seats, I would like to take this project on

Toddahenderson2

Reaction score
I have a bighorn that had heated cloth seats. Bought leather heated/cooled Laramie interior and it was plug and play with Alpha Obd to make the cooling portion to work.

brental1

Reaction score
Please share all the info for adding heated/cooled seats, I would like to take this project on
I;ve posted several wiring diagrams (that I made) and pictures. I think that information is in this thread--but maybe a different thread. If you can't find my posts, let me know a I can reply.

Users who are viewing this thread