5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Factory OEM Alarm system window shock sensor installation

bravo1

Reaction score
So after reviewing Tony's video for the 2019 RAM 1500 window shock sensor,I was curious to see how he did this.I was assuming much like all the audio/alarm shop's in my neighborhood that I would have to spend additional money for another alarm system.I mean really I just spent money for RAM's factory alarm system, and now I need to buy another one.Well good news Ram owners Tony Auto Alarm Specialize out of Miami,FL has come up with a kit which is far cheaper than the 500-700 dollar quote I got locally.His website Addshocksensor.com sells a kit with a prepped 4-wire harness kit and the sensor for 130.00 shipping included.PayPal is accepted it include's instruction, and a video website to show how to connect this sensor.When the body is hit or the window is shattered it trigger's a alarm.If you have the 8.4AN system it will send a text/email advising you that your alarm is going off.Just like any door/hood/tailgate.If you have power running boards you must select that option because them you will get a different sensor, than standard running boards.If you have any question you can reach Tony at his shop at 305-298-4814.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
So after reviewing Tony's video for the 2019 RAM 1500 window shock sensor,I was curious to see how he did this.I was assuming much like all the audio/alarm shop's in my neighborhood that I would have to spend additional money for another alarm system.I mean really I just spent money for RAM's factory alarm system, and now I need to buy another one.Well good news Ram owners Tony Auto Alarm Specialize out of Miami,FL has come up with a kit which is far cheaper than the 500-700 dollar quote I got locally.His website Addshocksensor.com sells a kit with a prepped 4-wire harness kit and the sensor for 130.00 shipping included.PayPal is accepted it include's instruction, and a video website to show how to connect this sensor.When the body is hit or the window is shattered it trigger's a alarm.If you have the 8.4AN system it will send a text/email advising you that your alarm is going off.Just like any door/hood/tailgate.If you have power running boards you must select that option because them you will get a different sensor, than standard running boards.If you have any question you can reach Tony at his shop at 305-298-4814.
It appears that they will only give you the actual installation instruction for the 2019 Ram 1500 AFTER you buy the kit. I would like to see that BEFORE I buy. Anyone has that ?

Maple

Reaction score
That video makes it look really sensitive - are you going to have to keep the truck unlocked when it rains?

bravo1

Reaction score
There are 2 types of sensors that can be installed with this shock system.1) Is a motion/tilt sensor 2) Is a microphone sound system.The level of each sensor can be adjusted here in the video that Jared uploaded was demonstrating the sensitivity level on how high it can be adjusted to.This goes for tires as well, the slightest twist of a lug nut or the lifting of the truck will trigger an alarm status which then will send a text/email to you.If you haver any question's concerning this system call Tony at his shop...

ramhead

Reaction score

I was just poking around his website.....on one of the pages it says a drill and a Unibit (which they spell wrongly as "Unbit") is needed for install. Is this unit really plug and play and is the drill only needed to mount the sensor/switch or is there drilling thru the firewall, etc involved??

ramhead

Reaction score
I’m actually interested in this too!

I emailed them asking about some specifics.....The response was no drilling was required for our trucks but some "splicing" of wiring was required. Also, the cost is $155.00 for the 2019 Ram 1500.

I'd like to do it but I don't want to risk messing with the wiring....if any problems come up with the factory alarm/key fob/electronics, I have no doubt FCA will deny warranty coverage repair because of the wiring alterations. I was hoping it would be a plug & play type system where you could disconnect it and restore to stock if any issue came up or it had to go in for service.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I emailed them asking about some specifics.....The response was no drilling was required for our trucks but some "splicing" of wiring was required. Also, the cost is $155.00 for the 2019 Ram 1500.

I'd like to do it but I don't want to risk messing with the wiring....if any problems come up with the factory alarm/key fob/electronics, I have no doubt FCA will deny warranty coverage repair because of the wiring alterations. I was hoping it would be a plug & play type system where you could disconnect it and restore to stock if any issue came up or it had to go in for service.
Ohh... I may have to hold off. Don’t want them denying any potential electrical warranty claims,
I’m already about to mess up my engine and transmission warranty I’m pretty sure

VinnyRam

Reaction score

I been down this same road before. They won't give me the 2019 Ram 1500 installation instructions unless I buy the product first. Therefore, I'm not buying.

ramhead

Reaction score
Ohh... I may have to hold off. Don’t want them denying any potential electrical warranty claims,
I’m already about to mess up my engine and transmission warranty I’m pretty sure

I'm with ya....fortunately I live in a relatively crime free area...I have those Blink cameras which will record & alert you to any movement so I guess I'll just leave one covering my truck. Of course, that's no help when parked somewhere else
I been down this same road before. They won't give me the 2019 Ram 1500 installation instructions unless I buy the product first. Therefore, I'm not buying.

Yeah...I know... they were even cryptic about the wire stripping/cutting thing until I said I was ready to buy but not without knowing if I had to cut or splice into any factory wiring...which is when I was given the answer that some wire splicing into factory stuff would be required. That info should be available right on the website IMO...not in depth install info (which I guess they don't want to give out to protect their method /"secret" which I can understand) but at least letting you know upfront that messing w/factory wiring (and most likely voiding warranty) will be necessary.

Plus, they have a 30% restocking fee...that comes out to $46.50 someone would be charged if they received the kit and then found out the specifics of the install and decided they didn't want to disturb factory wiring and send it back.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This also screams warranty claim denial to me.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Are these still available to purchase

Anyone selling one if they don’t wanna install

Noticed the site didn’t have anywhere to purchase

Last edited:

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Purchased one from add a shock sensor. Shipped quick and arrived before end of the week. The shock sensor has a sensitivity you can adjust. That being said mine I have adjusted and doesn’t set off with exhaust going by but someone touched the truck like pop glass it will go off. A pricey add on for what it is, but one thing I can say from experience, once you order if you have any questions he is available from his cell, and really engaged. I even tried to change out the fuse he had for the 12v constant and not cheap ones, and didn’t work. So I called him and he explained a single fuse worked better and really was my fault but he jumped in.

Is it worth 150 bucks? To add a shock sensor to the factory alarm without a new complete separate alarm to me is worth it. Could it be cheaper ? Some for sure, but with no one on the market really willing to do it why would the price change.

Overall did exact what was advertised. I have passive entry and it worked with that as well.

Def recommend this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread