5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn with eTorque FOB Issue

Admral2382

Reaction score
Hello fellow RAM drivers. Searched the forum for this particular FOB issue unsuccessfully, I think anyway.

The FOB will lock and unlick the truck and also remote start the truck. When I'm in the truck the FOB is not detected. I need to push the FOB against the start button to start the truck. The other day it wouldn't even allow me to start the tuck at all. I unplugged the truck battery for the night and that allowed me to start the truck once again pushing the FOB against the Start button. Still not detecting the FOB in the truck. Replaced FOB battery and the issue continues, truck battery is fine. Also, this happens with the 2nd FOB as well, which has maybe been used a dozen times over three years. Has to be an issue in the truck. Anyone experienced this issue? Seems odd that the fob functions work fine outside the truck??

Thanks in advance.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those remote functions (lock, unlock, and start) are using radio frequency communication to the truck.

I think the passive detect that is not working for you uses NFC or something like that. It sounds like the NFC transceiver in your truck might be disconnected or dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/