5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn DT 6 Factory Speaker Post Upgrade Issues

HookedonRam

Reaction score
So, after watching this guy
I decided to go with the same setup. However, now, I get this audible sound even when the radio is turned off. There is like a vibration sound of some sort. I don't know how to fix it or where to look even. But if I am idling it sounds loud or when I push the gas I can hear it. Is it messing with my "active noise cancelling" module or something? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks in advance!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That sound exactly like the ANC - I understand it doesn't play well with sound system add ons. I haven't upgraded my base sound system yet but I did have the issue where the sound was flat or distorted when I turned the volume up over 23. I installed an ANC bypass I found on the Crutchfield site and it took care of that. My advice would be to start there - for $20 you can't go wrong.

myles

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like ANC, there's a few forums on here where people cut a wire under the driver's seat to get rid of it. Not sure which wire though.

Bigski74

Reaction score
So, after watching this guy
I decided to go with the same setup. However, now, I get this audible sound even when the radio is turned off. There is like a vibration sound of some sort. I don't know how to fix it or where to look even. But if I am idling it sounds loud or when I push the gas I can hear it. Is it messing with my "active noise cancelling" module or something? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks in advance!
I'm in exactly the same situation, I installed the same infinity speakers and now I have this loud low base sound, I was thinking I would need to take it to the dealership to see if there is anything they can do, but only as a last resort. I would definitely be interested in a fix or solution without having to reinstall the factory speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread