5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Larmie Black!

Phoon

Reaction score
I finally managed to find a truck that was optioned close to what I was looking for, I picked it up yesterday and am very happy so far. I wanted the 3:92 gears, trailer brake, small mirrors and the 22" wheels that come with the Black package. To get these options we ended up with some extras such as the pano roof and auto running boards etc. I love the way it rides and drives and will post some impressions of how it compares to my 2017 Ram, and my Dads 2019 limited that I have been driving a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_170404963.jpg
    IMG_20180827_170404963.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20180827_170105251_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180827_170105251_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 170
M

Mdegen93

I finally managed to find a truck that was optioned close to what I was looking for, I picked it up yesterday and am very happy so far. I wanted the 3:92 gears, trailer brake, small mirrors and the 22" wheels that come with the Black package. To get these options we ended up with some extras such as the pano roof and auto running boards etc. I love the way it rides and drives and will post some impressions of how it compares to my 2017 Ram, and my Dads 2019 limited that I have been driving a bit.
That’s literally my exact order lol. 12” uconnect too?

Phoon

Reaction score
I am writing this up when i have time, so please bear with me if my writing is a little disjointed. I come from a Chevy family, and work on old chevys for fun on the weekends. For the last few years I have driven a ram as my daily driver/ work truck as they fit my needs very well. I love the styling, the ride and the thoughtful user friendly design. I occasionally haul a 18' flat deck with a vehicle or load of garbage but don't do much heavy towing. My 2017 ram has been great but as soon as I saw the 19 I knew I wanted one.

2019 Laramie Black vs. 2017 Sport Night Edition.
The 2019 is just what I hoped it would be, an updated and improved version of my old truck. The seats are nicer, steering and brakes are better and it just feels like a stiffer more modern updated platform. The ride quality is even more controlled in the new truck, it reminds me of a well damped sporty luxury SUV. Even with the big heavy wheels it feels like the wheels are fluidly under control through their travel. The new cab is super spacious, quiet and comfortable and looks even better. I have also found the powertrain tuning to be superior in the 2019's. My old truck felt like it was a little lethargic under 3800 rpm, and would really wake up above 4000, this is also the case with a durango r/t that i have driven a bit. The new powertrain is more linear in its power delivery, even though the motor is the same.

2019 Laramie Black vs 2019 Limited.

Both trucks are great with a few advantages either way. I prefer the look of the sport as it is very clean and un cluttered with no flares and minimal badges. The sport also feels a little lighter on its feet and has less body roll, it has coils vs the air suspenson in the limited and is a little firmer. The limited is like a marshmallow on a cloud, whereas the sport feels more connected but slightly less pillowy. As mentioned by anyone that has a limited, the interior is second to none, it feels like a mercedes or new volvo, the sport feels like a nice truck, with some rubbery surfaces that are nice but not as swank as the leather and metal in the limited. Both trucks have 3:92 gears and i find them to be entirely adequate for power, not crazy fast but powerful enough to never feel strained.

I will be happy to answer any questions about the trucks, I love vehicles and think Ram is on a roll!

Phoon

Reaction score
That’s literally my exact order lol. 12” uconnect too?
no 12".... I didn't want to wait for a factory order and the 8.4 works good for me. I am more of a hardware guy not a tech guy so that wasn't the top priority.

M

Mdegen93

no 12".... I didn't want to wait for a factory order and the 8.4 works good for me. I am more of a hardware guy not a tech guy so that wasn't the top priority.
Fair enough. There was no Laramie black appearance packages within 1000km of me (Canadian). So I had to order one. 5 weeks So far and it’s being shipped

Users who are viewing this thread