5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 HD FACTORY ORDERS.....FAIL .....

HEALTHNUTGUY

Reaction score
Hi all..... visited my local dealership today to spec out and order my new HD....spent about an hour with the commercial sales manager..... he let me look over his shoulder as we were doing the build ..... learned a couple of things..... chrome appearance package can’t be combined with the snow chief package on a the tradesman...... only the heavy duty vinyl is available....not the work grade......everything went exactly as planned so I was ready to start haggling......only one problem..... they had no idea how much the truck would cost......NO MSRP AVAILABLE....... NO PRICES FOR ANY OPTIONS OR PACKAGES... NO INCENTIVES OR REBATES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.......

Manager said I could still order the truck but he had no idea how much it would cost..... so I decided to wait a while longer and live to fight another day......Oh Well....

ISB6.7

Reaction score
I also found the absent work grade vinyl, as others have pointed out on the fast lane truck video it does show a vinyl seat for the interior info with a red tag, who knows what is on the tag now, you would think they would have kept the premium work grade over the HD vinyl and promoted it. I do like my work grade seating, other Tradesman likes and dislikes, sliding/heated rear window on tradesman 2 group, long overdue, but still the fog lights are fleet only? Why not sell them on retail trucks without going to a Bighorn (no vinyl seats or manual t-case in a bighorn.) also on my late 2018 crew cab 3500 I ordered MRU code black running boards, no more center support, only 2, my 2015 had 3, dealer checked other dealer inventory with pictures, only two now.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all..... visited my local dealership today to spec out and order my new HD....spent about an hour with the commercial sales manager..... he let me look over his shoulder as we were doing the build ..... learned a couple of things..... chrome appearance package can’t be combined with the snow chief package on a the tradesman...... only the heavy duty vinyl is available....not the work grade......everything went exactly as planned so I was ready to start haggling......only one problem..... they had no idea how much the truck would cost......NO MSRP AVAILABLE....... NO PRICES FOR ANY OPTIONS OR PACKAGES... NO INCENTIVES OR REBATES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.......

Manager said I could still order the truck but he had no idea how much it would cost..... so I decided to wait a while longer and live to fight another day......Oh Well....

Seems a bit harsh IMO for you to put the word "FAIL" in your thread title. What did you expect when the new HDs were just unveiled a week ago, and the announcement said they won't begin shipping them to dealers until some time in Q2? Did you honestly expect the entire system to be fully primed and 100% operable for custom orders by customers on day one? That seeems unrealistic, and harsh, to me.

Longhorn

Reaction score

I would wait too....

HEALTHNUTGUY

Reaction score
Seems a bit harsh IMO for you to put the word "FAIL" in your thread title. What did you expect when the new HDs were just unveiled a week ago, and the announcement said they won't begin shipping them to dealers until some time in Q2? Did you honestly expect the entire system to be fully primed and 100% operable for custom orders by customers on day one? That seeems unrealistic, and harsh, to me.

GET A SENSE OF HUMOR “GO-RAM”.... I WAS BEING FACETIOUS & INFORMATIVE ......

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GET A SENSE OF HUMOR “GO-RAM”.... I WAS BEING FACETIOUS & INFORMATIVE ......

Sorry - my mistake. <forehead slap> how could I possibly have missed all of the clues that your original post was all in jest but intended to be informative...

See, I do have a sense of humor ;-) And, I know how to use emoticons :)

lucky 13

Reaction score
got a price on the directional led 1800 per side lol no serviceable parts . i bought the 2018 Laramie an hour later

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Went with my dad to order his loaded limited 3500 Cummins crew cab srw, everything except the air assist bags. They have pricing but no image of what it will look like, in total the msrp came out to 85,900

Users who are viewing this thread