5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ECM part numbers

Clow2985

Reaction score
Good evening all! Looking to purchase a secondary ecm to send to hptuners. Looking at my part number under the hood it doesnt show up for sale on any mopar site. I have used my vin to search for ecm but those results show a totally different part number.

My ecm P68378762AJ

Is there another part number that is interchangeable?

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
My ECU has a different part number, due to engine/vehicle configuration: eTorque, 4x4, displacement, number of cylinders, etc., so it will know how to send commands to the other modules that control so much on vehicles these days. Also, because the ECU controls battery charge rate, the size, capacity or type of alternator or battery may play a role.
Be wary of getting another ECU and just swapping it in. It's programmed with your VIN, so all the inter-module communications may be looking for a VIN match.

Steve

Clow2985

Reaction score
My ECU has a different part number, due to engine/vehicle configuration: eTorque, 4x4, displacement, number of cylinders, etc., so it will know how to send commands to the other modules that control so much on vehicles these days. Also, because the ECU controls battery charge rate, the size, capacity or type of alternator or battery may play a role.
Be wary of getting another ECU and just swapping it in. It's programmed with your VIN, so all the inter-module communications may be looking for a VIN match.

Steve
I am aware of the whole vin matching criteria I will be using hptuners who preprograms the old file onto the new ecm and matches your vin. I just need to know what part number is compatible with my truck as the one in the truck doesn't show any results based off the part number on the ecm

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Well, as you can see from the picture below, assuming your Ram is 2019, there are several trim levels and each one may have a different part number, and differences within trim levels may have their own part number as well. If hptuners cannot tell you which ones are compatible enough to be your extra unit, you might have to bribe your local parts guy with beers to get an answer.

Trim Levels.jpg

Happy hunting,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread