5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Big horn

Lazy

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a 2019 Big horn 1500 ram v6. Found this forum I want to upgrade my headlights but not sure because I think the previous owner added led bulbs so I'm not sure which headlights to buy. It has the halogen looking headlights but with led bulbs?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the Alpharex Halogen.
You will probably have to stick with a halogen style housing to avoid any codes on you CANBUS system that checks for voltage on all of your bulbs.

Check out these threads:

1619611189606.png

Lazy

Reaction score
These are my headlights right now not sure if they are halogen or led sorry I'm new to this

Attachments

• 20210428_082154.jpg
    20210428_082154.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 8

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are my headlights right now not sure if they are halogen or led sorry I'm new to this
The factory OEM LED housing will have RAM LED stamped inside of the housing which yours do not. You definitely have the halogen style headlights.

Lazy

Reaction score
The factory OEM LED housing will have RAM LED stamped inside of the housing which yours do not. You definitely have the halogen style headlights.
Sounds good man. I was looking at the oem conversion but those are really expensive. Do the ones you recommend need a harness or are they just plug and play?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds good man. I was looking at the oem conversion but those are really expensive. Do the ones you recommend need a harness or are they just plug and play?
The headlight is plug & play, but for the DRL's you have to custom wire it to your fuse box with a micro fuse splitter.

Lazy

Reaction score
The headlight is plug & play, but for the DRL's you have to custom wire it to your fuse box with a micro fuse splitter.
Got it. I was looking at a set from infotainment and they are oem style that come with a harness. Anyone get those on this forum?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread