5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Big Horn Single Click on Start.

RDawJr722

Reaction score
Morning all, having a few issues with my 2019 Bighorn w/5.7 non eTorque. Walking back to my truck last night after work and went to start it. All I get is a single click from the starter. Doesn't try to turn over, and you don't here the actual starter motor trying to do anything. Checked fuses, swapped relays with others. Had someone jump me and charge for a good 10 min. Same thing. Just one click. Without a jump battery sits at 12.5vDC and doesn't move.

I searched around and found a few threads with similar issues, but ether it "fixed" itself or the thread went dead and org poster didn't post the solution. Any help would be awesome. It's a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with a 5.7 non eTorque. Around 44k on it. Best part is, truck is in a Airport Parking lot at $30 a day. Lol 😆

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had this issue once. I unplugged the battery for 30 minutes. Then plugged it back in. Still had to have someone jump start, but after that, never happened again.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Morning all, having a few issues with my 2019 Bighorn w/5.7 non eTorque. Walking back to my truck last night after work and went to start it. All I get is a single click from the starter. Doesn't try to turn over, and you don't here the actual starter motor trying to do anything. Checked fuses, swapped relays with others. Had someone jump me and charge for a good 10 min. Same thing. Just one click. Without a jump battery sits at 12.5vDC and doesn't move.

I searched around and found a few threads with similar issues, but ether it "fixed" itself or the thread went dead and org poster didn't post the solution. Any help would be awesome. It's a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with a 5.7 non eTorque. Around 44k on it. Best part is, truck is in a Airport Parking lot at $30 a day. Lol 😆
Remove battery, take it to parts store and have them test it. Good chance the battery is bad. Probably hs a few bad cells. With bad cells in the battery's even a jump start from a good running vehicle may struggle to start the vehicle. Measuring voltage only isnt a good indication of if a battery is good or not

RDawJr722

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. Had battery tested and its 100 percent good.

deyth89

Reaction score
Any updates on this issue? I am having same issue right now.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - Push Button Start - and Remote Start

I started the truck with the remote start the other morning. The truck started, I was running behind, the truck shut off after 15 minutes. I tried to remote start it again and got nothing. When I went out to the truck it displayed "Remote start disabled start vehicle to reset". I cannot start it manually with the push button either. I get one single click at the starter. I checked voltage at battery, I tried jumping the truck with another vehicle, I took the battery into the shop and it was tested stong. I felt the relays clicking when trying to start, also felt one click at the starter but nothing else"

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Old post but what ended up being your issue ? Mine did same thing today except remote start was disabled and whouldnt work
Got just a click when trying to manual start with push button has all power thinking mayby starter just to early at 4 this morning to be banging starter

Users who are viewing this thread