5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 8.4" UConnect Screen Black

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking for some hypotheses as to possible reasons my 2019 Big Horn 8.4" UConnect screen may have blacked out.

My father in law attempted to be helpful and clean the truck inside and replace the cabin air filter. Coincidentally (?), the next time we used the truck, the UConnect screen is blacked out. My wife states she can touch the screen and get audio sounds and effects, but she can't see anything on the screen. The radio plays music but there are no visuals on the screen, to include no backup camera.

Is it possible by replacing the cabin air filter, he may have nicked or dislodged a wire relating to the screen?? He also states he only wiped down the dash with a cloth, but I'm concerned some type of liquid or wet wipe may have affected it.

Lastly, I have searched the forums and found it is a somewhat common occurrence. Maybe it's just RAM being RAM and having another defective product? Love the truck, hate having to keep making excuses for it, though.

Thanks!

Georgf

Reaction score
Perhaps the button “Screen off” was just pressed while cleaning the dashboard?

Georgf

Reaction score
Recently i was disassembled all dashboard, and I could say you can’t do nothing wrong with the screen from the outside the radio or cabin filter compartment.

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
Update:

Wifey drove the truck with a blank screen, parked, ran some errands, turned the truck on and viola, screen works!

Obviously there’s an issue but I’m sure it’ll be a dreaded “unable to replicate” if I bring it in. Any ideas on home diagnosis?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread