5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 Laramie with Alpine system all 3 driver side speakers stopped working

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Just like the title says, all 3 of my driver side speakers stopped working one day. Driver door, rear driver side door, and the driver side dash speaker. I've searched all over the forum and the rest of the internet to see if anyone had a solution. I've tried unplugging all 3 connectors from the amp and reconnecting and unplugging the negative battery terminal for a minute, neither worked. I guess my next thing will be to take off the door panels and see if the connection is loose, but I doubt it will be as they all 3 went out simultaneously.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or may have some insight before I take it back to the dealership and pay too much money for them to look at it lol. It's got less than 40k miles on it so the speakers definitely should not have gone out yet. Thanks in advance!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for longer. Make sure you lose some features when you reconnecting it, that means you successfully reset the modules in the truck. Then give it 2 hours and try again.

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for longer. Make sure you lose some features when you reconnecting it, that means you successfully reset the modules in the truck. Then give it 2 hours and try again.
Tried your recommendation, had it disconnected for a little over an hour and a half and no luck. I just had the negative detached, would that matter? I'm beginning to think its just time to take it to a professional lol.

Slumlord

Reaction score
My guess is there is a bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness or you lost an output channel on your radio.

ANTHOSRAM

Reaction score
My ram did that after I would a phone call. It wouldn’t happen all the time but it would it be very Annoying. Took it inn and they changed all the speakers stopped for a while and it started again. I had to record it so they can see that it was happing. They did a update this last time so far so good

jman307

Reaction score
Just like the title says, all 3 of my driver side speakers stopped working one day. Driver door, rear driver side door, and the driver side dash speaker. I've searched all over the forum and the rest of the internet to see if anyone had a solution. I've tried unplugging all 3 connectors from the amp and reconnecting and unplugging the negative battery terminal for a minute, neither worked. I guess my next thing will be to take off the door panels and see if the connection is loose, but I doubt it will be as they all 3 went out simultaneously.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or may have some insight before I take it back to the dealership and pay too much money for them to look at it lol. It's got less than 40k miles on it so the speakers definitely should not have gone out yet. Thanks in advance!
Good day! Did you get this fixed? All 4 of my door 6x9s stopped working, everything else works including the sub. Can’t find anything similar on the internet.

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Good day! Did you get this fixed? All 4 of my door 6x9s stopped working, everything else works including the sub. Can’t find anything similar on the internet.
Just saw your comment, sorry I don't check this very often. I ended up having to take it to a dealership, and they kept it for over 2 weeks to fix it. All they told me was that they had to put a new radio in it, and that "something had just gone wrong with the first one". Thankfully they gave me a loaner Jeep Renegade (lol). I was only (barely) outside the 36k mile comprehensive warranty, so after spending about an hour on the phone and escalating with FCA customer service, they covered the whole fix for free.

jman307

Reaction score
Just saw your comment, sorry I don't check this very often. I ended up having to take it to a dealership, and they kept it for over 2 weeks to fix it. All they told me was that they had to put a new radio in it, and that "something had just gone wrong with the first one". Thankfully they gave me a loaner Jeep Renegade (lol). I was only (barely) outside the 36k mile comprehensive warranty, so after spending about an hour on the phone and escalating with FCA customer service, they covered the whole fix for free.
Glad they fixed it for you. So the Uconnect head unit was bad, interesting. Were you still under warranty for the free repair? I’m out if my 3yr/36k but under 5yr/60k and have already got a case with ram care. Trying to get it fixed for free as well because I don’t know if the 4 speakers ever worked….

Xtrexx

Reaction score
Glad they fixed it for you. So the Uconnect head unit was bad, interesting. Were you still under warranty for the free repair? I’m out if my 3yr/36k but under 5yr/60k and have already got a case with ram care. Trying to get it fixed for free as well because I don’t know if the 4 speakers ever worked….
Yep, that's what they told me anyway. And I was technically out of the 36k mile warranty, I think I was at 38k-ish. And the dealership just said "too bad, that'll be $2000." I escalated with Ram Care and they did eventually make sure I didn't have to pay anything. But, I reckon they certainly didn't HAVE to.

Users who are viewing this thread