5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 check engine light comes on based on the outside temperature and develops a misfire in cylinder 4.

Whyjustwhy

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for reading this and offering any input you have.
I have a 2019 ram 1500 5.7 hemi with 135,000 miles on it. I usually keep my ram trucks until they fall apart which is typically 100s of thousands of miles. At about 105,000 miles in this truck started developing the hemi tick and the check engine light would occasionally come on for a few days and then go off. As the miles racked up on it the check engine light would come on and stay on more frequently and for longer periods of time. I will list the codes that I got at the bottom of this post. This winter I noticed that the check engine light would come on and go off based on the outside temperature. When the outside temperature stayed below 50° the check engine light would go off and stay off in the truck would actually run better and the misfire would go away. Now that the temperatures are warming back up here in the Houston area the check engine light stays on all the time and the misfire cylinder for is back pretty much permanent. I don't really notice any problems at all except at idle and when trying to accelerate at speed . I was scheduled to take it into a shop to have the whole engine worked over but what they told me seem to be a little odd when it comes to the problem going away at lower temperatures outside. I am most certainly not professional mechanic but I've worked on lots of mechanical systems and electrical systems and this really puzzles me. Any thoughts?

I just remembered when I would put injector cleaner in the tank it seems like it would trigger the check engine light many times.

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
B1792- Left Rear Lamp Diagnostic Line: Circuit Short To Ground 11
C0604 Active Air Dam Control Circuit Performance P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
Mar 08, 2024 8:04 AM

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for reading this and offering any input you have.
I have a 2019 ram 1500 5.7 hemi with 135,000 miles on it. I usually keep my ram trucks until they fall apart which is typically 100s of thousands of miles. At about 105,000 miles in this truck started developing the hemi tick and the check engine light would occasionally come on for a few days and then go off. As the miles racked up on it the check engine light would come on and stay on more frequently and for longer periods of time. I will list the codes that I got at the bottom of this post. This winter I noticed that the check engine light would come on and go off based on the outside temperature. When the outside temperature stayed below 50° the check engine light would go off and stay off in the truck would actually run better and the misfire would go away. Now that the temperatures are warming back up here in the Houston area the check engine light stays on all the time and the misfire cylinder for is back pretty much permanent. I don't really notice any problems at all except at idle and when trying to accelerate at speed . I was scheduled to take it into a shop to have the whole engine worked over but what they told me seem to be a little odd when it comes to the problem going away at lower temperatures outside. I am most certainly not professional mechanic but I've worked on lots of mechanical systems and electrical systems and this really puzzles me. Any thoughts?

I just remembered when I would put injector cleaner in the tank it seems like it would trigger the check engine light many times.

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
B1792- Left Rear Lamp Diagnostic Line: Circuit Short To Ground 11
C0604 Active Air Dam Control Circuit Performance P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
Mar 08, 2024 8:04 AM
I just read on the possible causes for the 0300 and 0304, list is really long.
If you have an actual lifter failure ie. hemi tick, then that most certainly could give the misfire codes. You sure it is not a cracked exhaust manifold/s causing the ticking?
1792, just like it says, short to ground or problem with the lamp assembly or the BCM.

So what did the dealer tell you?

Users who are viewing this thread