5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Rebel to 2019 Experience

PSHammer

Reaction score
Sharing my experience and opinion on both. They were both similarly equipped. I traded mainly because of air suspension and compressor failure on 2017. Hopefully changes to 2019 air will improve other’s experiences but I am pleased with the non-air Rebel.

I prefer the ride in the 19 although it floats more. Better handling/less lean in air equipped. I had air adjusted before compressor failure but still felt too stiff even over small imperfections. I drove almost exclusively in aero because of it. Steering feel similar.

2019 8.4 screen display improved dramatically, more responsive but Alpine sounds similar. 2019 quieter but I notice more tire noise from Goodyears. Engine sound seems quieter although exhaust still sound throaty when pushed.

Averaging about 15mpg, around 16.5 in 2017, should improve with mileage (currently 900). Fuel nozzles fit without a struggle on 2019 and no cap, pre-19 owners will understand.

And finally, a horn that works as intended. You can tap rather than hold and wait!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sharing my experience and opinion on both. They were both similarly equipped. I traded mainly because of air suspension and compressor failure on 2017. Hopefully changes to 2019 air will improve other’s experiences but I am pleased with the non-air Rebel.

I prefer the ride in the 19 although it floats more. Better handling/less lean in air equipped. I had air adjusted before compressor failure but still felt too stiff even over small imperfections. I drove almost exclusively in aero because of it. Steering feel similar.

2019 8.4 screen display improved dramatically, more responsive but Alpine sounds similar. 2019 quieter but I notice more tire noise from Goodyears. Engine sound seems quieter although exhaust still sound throaty when pushed.

Averaging about 15mpg, around 16.5 in 2017, should improve with mileage (currently 900). Fuel nozzles fit without a struggle on 2019 and no cap, pre-19 owners will understand.

And finally, a horn that works as intended. You can tap rather than hold and wait!
When you start to think of all the little improvements to the Rebel trim, it's almost a new truck under an old skin. I traded a 16 Rebel, so feels like even more improvements to me.

Users who are viewing this thread