5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Ram 1500 power steering service light and failure??

mainfam

Reaction score
My 2017 ram with 122000 km on the odometer its a Crew cab 4X4. I have had a Power steering service light come on and loss of power steering. I had the truck to my mechanic and he "relearned the Power steering" all was good for two days until failure again. It is now not working and He said the steering rack would need replacing however I'm told there is virtually none available in the north America for this truck. What is a guy to do with this situation? The truck is virtually a boat anchor until replaced or am I missing something here?? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
where have you checked? If the OEM part is on backorder, Im sure they have used racks out there on ebay or LKQ.

mainfam

Reaction score
Canada and I did source a used one but wondering if its an issue how long it will last!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Canada and I did source a used one but wondering if its an issue how long it will last!
used parts are a hit or miss. If you buy a used part from ebay, you get 30 days of protection from ebay after your order is delivered if you have any issues. If you pay for the order through PayPal, you have 6 months of protection. If you buy it from a local spot, you have to ask them what the warranty is on the part.

Nathanm

Reaction score
Curious what you came up with I have the exact same issue 2017 ram 1500 100,000 km I just did a reset of the codes by scanning and curious how long it'll last.

Users who are viewing this thread