5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Ram not receiving commands after truck sits a while

eboyd0013

Reaction score
Anyone get any answers as to why the remote app commands aren’t going through after the truck is turned off a while? Been having this issue for a couple months and keep getting the run around with uconnect access care and they will not cancel my subscription or refund any of my money that I have paid for the last 3 months. Even if I cancel my subscription they want to charge me 60 bucks for early contract termination which is just the same as me paying for it monthly anyway.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what do you mean by "a while"? I believe there is a battery protection function that shuts off the truck's gps, thus disabling remote Uconnect access. IIRC, its a few days. Kinda sucks but understandable. It's rare that my truck sits very long, but I try to use the "locate" function via the phone app just to keep it alive. I know a lot of people don't see value in paying for the remote access, but I sure do.

TrackDay

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I had persistent problems with my 2019 Ram shutting down and not receiving UConnect app commands after 1 hour or more. I brought it in to the dealer twice, had a Star case, etc. and they ended up just giving me some oil changes and tire warranties to keep me going for awhile. I now have a '21 Ram and it's worked pretty much flawlessly for a year.
There are threads on this forum about this issue for 2019 and up trucks I know. I participated in a couple of them.

Users who are viewing this thread